1 million. Tickets for 10 EUR only today

Ryanair is offering 1 million tickets across Europe for just 10 EUR, only today, for travel October and November 2016.

Thanks for putting your time to point it out.

I would personally never fly Ryanair because of the extreme low cost that they use. I have flown Easyjet and Wizzair and to be honest I was atleast not disappointed based on my expectations. If I want to fly Internationally from Malmö Airport I have no other choice than Wizz Air and now due to the double border controls between Denmark (in order to stop refugees from entering Sweden). Malmö Airport is actually becoming a faster alternative. The only problem I had with Wizz Air was departing from Budapest where you were herded along the airfield to a cold barn where you had to wait for 30 minutes so that the aircraft could arrive. In this barn you were tightly packed with other 180 people in a very small area with seats only for only where few people and it was impossible to stand without touching someone else. If I would have known this I would have taken Norwegian from Copenhagen instead. Otherwise I have only had good experiences with Wizz Air with always Jetways, fantastic stewardesses and pilots, comfortable seats (better than SAS plus!!!) and quick flights well except for reaching a stall ones which I have written about.

This is the dreaded fenced barn while almost empty:

CB1Ab12WIAAc2bM.jpg

I only flew Easyjet ones when flying to Edinburgh earlier this year due to all other alternatives being full. The only problem was that I had to walk TWO KILOMETER at Copenhagen Airport which seems easy but it is harder after shopping in the tax free. The experience was decent with decent seats, quick flights and great crew.

I will have to say that American Airlines is still a lot worse than any low cost carrier I have ever flown.

Now why I never fly Ryanair, first of all look at this documentary where two reporters join the company and become flight attendants and work a couple of months while having hidden cameras on them. The training is inexistent, the crew are exhausted, the aircraft have vomit in them, the emergency slides are not properly functioning and no one actually cares about you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi-x_UgTTOQ

I have to say that Michael O'leary is quite a character from running his own taxi company in order to avoid Dublin traffic to trying to be "warm and cuddly" in a company which is based on coldness. One can find countless hilarious interviews (Panorama, Sky News, Newsnight, Late late show, etc) with him. By far the best is this very short clip from Swedish state television SVT´s daily news report where they report on a press conference where the topic was intended to be about Ryanair launching new routes to Sweden but it was about everything except for the intended topic, for example pilot conditions, safety, labour unions. The news anchor can not keep from laughing which in Sweden is extremely disrespectful while presenting news. Notice that she can barely talk due to the laughing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuQr4rSBH2g

Uhm...ryanair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ2VZip6vHM

If its business,why not?  :D

CBE - you might not want to fly with Ryanair, fair enough. But there might be others who are interested in these extremly cheap tickets. So why commenting it..

Uhm...ryanair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ2VZip6vHM

If its business,why not?  :D

That seems great but sadly they have not offered any long haul flights and don't seem to be doing it either. Let´s hope that the stewardesses are not 60 years old like the ones on SAS ;).

CBE - you might not want to fly with Ryanair, fair enough. But there might be others who are interested in these extremly cheap tickets. So why commenting it..

Helping people, If they want to risk their life on flight then I am fine with that but as Rubio is kind to offer this information I thought it would be kind to also state the risks. I also hate businesses where the customer is not the most important which clearly seems to be the case. If you want to fly Ryanair then that is great but be prepared that the escape slide might not inflate when your aircraft is on the ground with an engine on fire (happens more or less at every airline). Imagine this but without the slide (Dynamic Airways flight 405 where the engines caught fire in 2015 at FLL, happily all escaped)  :

Ryanair never had an accident with anyone killed. So no point to mention that something could happen. Sty realistic please.

Ryanair never had an accident with anyone killed. So no point to mention that something could happen. Sty realistic please.

I am realistic and the only reason that Ryanair do not have casualties is because of the new and modern 737-800s. But I still belive that Ryanair is a ticking clock which is the same thought that I had about Air Dubai. With the low maintenance and overall carelessness that Ryanair offers I will not surprised when I will see an accident. Just look in the log the last time fumes were reported in the cabin of a Ryanair flight was on the 7th of June (2016). As also said in the documentary, those built in stairs are lethal a child fell of them earlier this year with serious injuries and was forced to visit a hospital. If I had a child I would never even have the thought in my head to fly Ryanair with him/her.

But of course many crashes just happen though some airlines have higher chances and some have lower. Enough said. I am realistic. I have supported facts for everything I have said so far regarding safety of Ryanair ;).

Sorry George to hijack your topic :).

Even you have new aircraft, maintance still needed to make everything work fine. The only safety issue showed on the video is the evacuation slide and the flight crew emergancy tranings. Other than that, all of those are security issues (not safety, which is quite confusing for a lot people). If i want to say i don't want to fly with Ryan, it will be that i'm afraid someone is going to hijack or cause issues on the flight, not the plane itself. 

I don't know why Aviation Safety Network (which is the only database i totally trust) doesn't catch the cabin fire and engine fire you stated. The last safety log on ASN for Ryan was in April last year. 

The chance of having an incident or accident is VERY small. That's the reason you sholdn't reward people for 'no iccident for X years'. so counting for how many incident/accident a company have might not be a good way to evaulate the safety culture.

Even you have new aircraft, maintance still needed to make everything work fine. The only safety issue showed on the video is the evacuation slide and the flight crew emergancy tranings. Other than that, all of those are security issues (not safety, which is quite confusing for a lot people). If i want to say i don't want to fly with Ryan, it will be that i'm afraid someone is going to hijack or cause issues on the flight, not the plane itself. 

I don't know why Aviation Safety Network (which is the only database i totally trust) doesn't catch the cabin fire and engine fire you stated. The last safety log on ASN for Ryan was in April last year. 

The chance of having an incident or accident is VERY small. That's the reason you sholdn't reward people for 'no iccident for X years'. so counting for how many incident/accident a company have might not be a good way to evaulate the safety culture.

I usually use Aeroinside to check safety logs and this is the Ryanair log https://www.aeroinside.com/incidents/airline/ryanair. I never said that an engine fire or cabin fire ever happened on a Ryanair flight the only thing I said where reports of fumes in the cabin of a Ryanair flight which cancelled a flight earlier this year. Though a fire is very likely if there is no proper maintenance taking place or the aircraft is properly gone through and a ticking bomb can be "forgotten" aboard the aircraft. I dont think it takes much effort to sneak in a lighter aboard and light up my croissant wrapping or coffee cup. I don't even think it would take much effort to sneak in on the wrong flight and as they said in the documentary "we do not have time to check the passports and boarding passes, just check that they have a passport".

Analysing the documentary then only safety problems I can see are the training problems, slide problems, tired crew, crew forced to work even if feeling unable and as the trainer said "never rely on the passenger in seat 1A because he will be dead upon impact due to the built in stairs". The security problems I see are that the cabin not being properly gone through and and FOD could be left, no passenger passport controls upon entering the aircraft, insufficient training on how to handle security problems, exhausted crew, crew being "illegally" allowed into airports, etc. Even looking at it hygienically, I do not want to sit in a puddle with vomit which the flight attendant tried to hide with a perfume sample from the tax free shop.

Even if they are security problems they are still as dangerous if not even more dangerous.

For example I would happily fly Malaysian Airlines if I had the opportunity. I doubt that the 777 or crew did anything wrong in the disappearance and the second plane was clearly shot down by an external source. I know that I can trust them but I just don't feel that trust for Ryanair.

FOD is on the taxiway, you can't have PAX leaving FOD normally  :P  ;)

Actually usually you don't have one PAX for helping the evacuation, normally you have four for the main doors, and two for each over wing. They are not recording everything, so it's hardly know what exactly is Ryan's procedures. Personnlly i believe there isn't enough thing showed on the video to truely say whether it's good or bad on safety, the only thing is bad about Ryan: service, but just like the captain said, you get what you paid. If you have the American 'lost cost' airline, you definietly won't complain too much.  :)

Thanks for posting the Dispatches video, that was quite an interesting (should I say: infamous) insight into Ryanair practices. I have been through Flight Attendant training myself (in the early 90s) for a major carrier. Don't know, how much training has changed since then, but some basics remain:

Able body pax: Even major carriers train their staff to have a lookout (during the "minute of silence" before takeoff) for potential able bodied passengers. The reason for this is simply that - after an emergency - an exit door can be jammed to the point that one single person might be unable to open that door. This was especially crucial on DC-10/MD-11, where the doors open upwards using an electrical system. The backup (after an emergency and without power) is an air-pressure system. If that fails, too - then only 2 - 3 persons can lift such a door using the handle bar.

Training: No mockups? These flight attendants actually have no idea how an emergency feels? A cabin full of smoke? Extinguishing a fire in the cabin? Never had to disengage a raft from the airplane door while being in the water (swimming pool for the training sake)? How can anyone trust their lives in these hands?

What shocked me most are the duty hours and sleeping flight attendants. This alone should be reason enough to put the airline on the blacklist. One simply does not want to be on a Ryanair airplane if anything goes wrong - even if we're talking about a "minor" incident, such as a takeoff abort.

Sure, the video leaves out some points - it could even be regarded as biased for dramatic storytelling reasons. But there is enough hard evidence - for me personally - to avoid Ryanair. My life is worth more than a couple of bucks saved on a plane ticket.

Sorry, but this Ryanair bashing is in my eyes purely speaking after the propaganda from the other airlines talking Ryanair bad.

This airline is supervised and regulated just as any other. They do not have any interest in getting an accident as much as any other airline. Having new or old aircraft does not make you "safe" or even prevent an accident. Any major accident is always because of a series of problems comes together. Proper procedures help minimizing that risk.

Not checking a passport is a security risk? Why so? First of all, in most airports you get your passport checked multiple times until you get to the gate, so I never understand why checking the passport there once again will do any good. And not every other airline does that either. Vomit in the aircraft? Well yes, that not very pleasant, but that's neither a safety, nor a security issue. Given that Ryanair is one of the biggest airlines in Europe, the fact that they did not have a major accident speaks for them. And it looks like in other premium airlines it's also not all gold that shines...

I agree. The service is probably not on a top level. But they will get you from A to B for a low price.

Egoism, greed, short-sighted - welcome to the disgusting world of Ryanair.  :ph34r:

Of course Ryanair is more unsafe than "basic airlines". Those "employment issues" aren't a fairytale, neither propaganda. They're real, maybe not for those who buy beyond reasonable cheap tickets, but for those who pay for it in the end - employees (young people, mothers and fathers etc). Also "on time" all the time, pressured to do that... which pilot would stand that s*** for long?

You get more quality for more money - that's how it is. But if the quality seems to be the same, you will have that "lack" of quality just somewhere else.

If I put a gun in the hand of a kid and it's not shooting itself or someone else - then ye, why not keep doing it, right?!  - Have fun flying Ryanair. Maybe you are one of those lucky people who will sit front row IF something happens... I wish anyone best luck when having a nice ticket for 10€ or 20€ or whatever.

The amount of "off runway action" and "off fuel action" by Ryanair compared to other airlines is remarkable in the EU.

Not checking a passport is a security risk? Why so? First of all, in most airports you get your passport checked multiple times until you get to the gate, so I never understand why checking the passport there once again will do any good.

Because apparently terrorists can fly an airplane into a skyscrapper but are unable to fake a passport for some reason. If there's one thing that really unnecessarily extends turnaround time it's the compulsory ID check at the boarding gate.

Not checking a passport is a security risk? 

Not so long ago, names on airline tickets were never checked against the name on the passport. Check-in agents wanted to see your ticket - not your passport.

There was a huge market for grey market airline tickets and I did fly - on several occasions - with tickets issued to a passenger of the opposite sex.

Google actually found a newspaper article about grey market tickets from 1990: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1990-12-24/business/1990358169_1_airline-non-refundable-ticket-concert-ticket

These days, if one cannot fly - for whatever reason - there is no chance to sell the ticket at a bargain price to someone else. Which is in the airline industry's interest. To me, this is the only reason for matching ticket names/boarding passes against passports. It has absolutely nothing to do with security.

They still do not check ID in most German airports (at least for domestic and Intra-EU flights), according to many posts on A.net

That is right. My ID was not checked in the last 15 years on any German airport for domestic and EU-flights.

Sometimes they even wrote my name wrong on the ticket.

Hi,

I wouldn't fly Ryanair... they cut corners. Make a similar program with undercover pilots and you will hear other stories. Not about security breaches, dirty seats or a possibly faulty door. You will hear stories about pilot fatigue, or pressure to take as little fuel as is legally required.

Nobody remembers that on one day 3 Ryanair planes required landing priority because they were low on fuel ? It is a good thing that the other airlines flying over Spain that day had more fuel on board.

Knowing that they cut corners everywhere, I would be surprised if they did not cut corners in maintenance. If a technical problem is on the allowed-to-fly-with-passengers list, they won't rush to repair it. And okay, we are talking about redundant systems. But hey, there is a reason why systems are redundant.

By the way, the program showed a possible problem with one of the doors (well, the slide). The captain did not come to check it. If you don't check it, you won't write it in the log. If staff (both pilots and cabin crew) know that complaining won't solve the problem, they stop complaining. That's how people function. I am not saying any Ryanair plane has ever flown with a serious defect. Besides, you'd also need suicidal pilots to do that. I am just saying that airlines need a philosophy that safety is more important than profit. An airline that fires a pilot who says he is too tired to continue, is not an airline that promotes its staff to put safety on the first place. Having to declare an emergency because you don't have enough fuel points in the same direction.

Mind you, as more and more airlines seem to operate the low cost model, I don't know how important safety is for let's say Brussels Airlines these days.

Allow me to tell you a story. My flight instructor worked for a cargo airline. He sometimes had to fly from Brussel to Faro. The plane in question was a Convair. Officially the plane needs to be able to reach it's destination, then deviate to another airport and then still be able to circle around for half an hour. You cannot fly from Brussel to Faro with a fully loaded Convair and still have enough fuel to deviate to Lisbon or Sevilla ànd circle around for half an hour. When he flew that route, he filed a flight plan to Lisbon. That was within the legal limits of the plane because Lisbon is closer than Faro. And during the flight he told ATC that the plane would deviate to Faro.

That is an example of legally bending the safety rules. No Convair has ever crashed because it ran out of fuel. But that is no argument to promote such strategies.

Cheers,

Jan

Hahaha all this is a bit funny. I have actually never flown Ryanair myself. We do not get this interesting airline around here... The closest I got to LCC was Condor Long Haul Premium Economy ;)

oh no... wait... it was Eurowings VIE-DUS early January this year for an Airlinesim meetup.

You see a lot of talk about Allegiant on A.Net forums... those, I would certainly call compromising safety (LOL when you get emergency landing of an aircraft piloted by a tandem of Chief Pilot and VP of Operations a rare occurrence to maintain type rating valid, and the emergency landing happens because somebody in Dispatch failed to inform them that the destination airport is closed that day for an airshow, and then flying with very little/ no diversion fuel). Now that I would call compromising the safety. Or that frequently their aircraft fly around for days or weeks with repairs being delayed because the aircraft are still airworthy.

Now, I hear a lot of chatter on A.Net and other forums about Allegiant, but I never hear about Ryanair. Yes there are occasional Ryanair emergencies because of low fuel to allow for diversion. But given the fact Ryanair is what like 50x bigger than Allegiant, if the things were really so bad there, you would assume the chatter on Ryanair safety would be 50x more intensive than the one on Allegiant.