Just 2 weeks after the launch of OTTO II

Hi guys! I have to say, I am a bit disappointed with the slot blocking rules in OTTO II. It doesn't seem quite effective as slot availability in some airports has dropped down to <10% in just 2 weeks. You can see several companies with 100+ old Soviet Union models to consume more than half of slot availability in an airport. Anyone can give me suggestions of how to operate in such kind of airport?

If you truly believe an airline is slot blocking please can you report it as per usual via the report in game function or support@ email?

U have no chance to operate on an airport infested with IL18 cancer (i had to change to them too from dc's).  Since it is ridiculously (4.5k/week) u can order a crapton of them, occupy the routes then profits (even if your ors is low, you'l have tons of connecting pax). Later u have to change to modern planes, but by that time u'l have tons of cash. 

And then there is china…just look at it lel…

If you truly believe an airline is slot blocking please can you report it as per usual via the report in game function or support@ email?

i agree with that. It seems they have been reported but it will still cost much of time for AS team to deal with that ( like previous cases in other game worlds)

U have no chance to operate on an airport infested with IL18 cancer (i had to change to them too from dc's).  Since it is ridiculously (4.5k/week) u can order a crapton of them, occupy the routes then profits (even if your ors is low, you'l have tons of connecting pax). Later u have to change to modern planes, but by that time u'l have tons of cash. 

And then there is china…just look at it lel…

I like your word "cancer" and they are just totally ruining the whole game worlds. The lease price is too low and even they have been reported they still have lots of time to react. Maybe current strategy is to wait until AS team deal with that?

Considering the prices of the dc's and il 62 , il 62 should be around 40k-45k/week, and il18 should be around 25-30k/week. But even if its possible to change "mid-game" they would ruin the flooders (ppl buying 100 or so il18 for start). If i were the boss, i would restart the server, reimburse ~half the credits (we are still in the second week), or at least learn from this, and change the prices in the next old planes server.

beijing at 8%. that's ridiculous... after only 2 weeks. 

Considering the prices of the dc's and il 62 , il 62 should be around 40k-45k/week, and il18 should be around 25-30k/week. But even if its possible to change "mid-game" they would ruin the flooders (ppl buying 100 or so il18 for start). If i were the boss, i would restart the server, reimburse ~half the credits (we are still in the second week), or at least learn from this, and change the prices in the next old planes server.

sounds a good idea! But now I would say increasing depreciation (faster growth of maintenance cost and drop of popularity) to make it less competitive would be practical

How is it possible to have 3 A350 and 20 DC8-62 after 2 weeks?

you lease some aircrafts, put some seats in them, set a high price, activate schedule, order new planes once the money is in... you do so until you have 3 A350 and 20 DC8s. quite simple process, actually.

DC 8 costs only 55k per week, and it haz transcontinental range. So its a real moneymaker, 20 transcont DC8 can make u like 2 mill per day(even if its a narrow body). Later u can change them to modern wb-s, making even more money.

Yes, slot blocking rule is a total failure in Otto 2. Also introducing outdated aircrafts with outdated slot blocking rules have made the situation more severe. Dint they thought about it while introducing all outdated aircrafts in this server? Even we are forced to restart and fall for Il-18d cancer. But others have already conquered all the slots. This is not fair.

To admins: Restart the server with updated slot blocking rules or restart the server without outdated aircrafts ASAP. After all its been only 2 weeks. Do something fast

Friends, i have started a poll in ''Suggestions and Ideas'' whether to restart Otto 2 or not. Please do vote

Hi everyone. So, I'm fairly new to this game having been playing for a couple of months. To be completely honest I am having a love/hate relationship with Otto right now. Yes, we're only two weeks in but realistically the only way to assert yourself as a major airport is to lease cheap IL-18s and DC8s for short and medium/long range routes respectively. Props to the user in China who has a monopoly over Beijing. Nothing wrong with playing by the rules.

It's a lot of fun watching my airline grow so fast so rapidly. Currently I make around $2 million per day and frequently adding to my fleet. I'm adding new routes, trying to make as many connections as possible. However, the IL-18s are just too cheap for me not to use them. Eventually I'll convert my fleet to E-195s. As for the DC8s, they're more expensive but their range is absurd. Right now I'm keeping them in North America but eventually I'm going to get an Airbus Fleet for transcon and South America.

However, I feel bad for those who want to realistically play the game by getting a few modern aircraft. Ideally I would like to do that, starting like I did in Quimby with 5 E-195s. The IL-18s and DC8s are too cheap.

I agree that Otto II is a mess right now. People are abusing those Ilyushins 18D like mad and some airports are ridiculously low on slots. Also the problem is that if a player orders a different plane (lets say CS300), people with 18D will crush him. For one CS300 you can order 54 Il18D which is crazy. I understand the idea of old airplanes available but the difference in price makes it idiotic and quickly will make Otto II loose players.

I agree that Otto II is a mess right now. People are abusing those Ilyushins 18D like mad and some airports are ridiculously low on slots. Also the problem is that if a player orders a different plane (lets say CS300), people with 18D will crush him. For one CS300 you can order 54 Il18D which is crazy. I understand the idea of old airplanes available but the difference in price makes it idiotic and quickly will make Otto II loose players.

You r right. Currently I have deactivated my account in Otto II and decide to wait for the new Quimby II. If the IL-18 disease cannot be solved, I would rather save my credit for a new server that I can have a fair opportunity to compete. But cheer up, I believe AS team will fix it soon

Totally agree! I cancelled also my account on Otto2, although my company was successful - in this configuration (for me) the server is no credit worth to spend!