Replacing/Upgrading Aircraft

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but:

Would really like to be able to “upgrade” an aircraft in one or two clicks. By “upgrade”, what I mean is to move all the flights from one aircraft to a new aircraft. I find myself needing to do this a lot nowadays as I’m trying to upgrade from 73Gs to 739s. To do this now, I have to go through and add the existing 73G flights to the new 739 aircraft, which is kind of tedious, especially when you’re doing this with a number of aircraft at a time.

Anyway – thanks.

o

This has been suggested before. The problem is that if the replacement aircraft has a longer turnaround time than the existing one then you can’t simply replace the schedules one for one, you have to shift them -and then you can run into slot conflicts. This means in any case that a purely automatic solution is in general not possible without human intervention.

Nevertheless, I think that asking whether the number of mouse clicks can be reduced is a good question. The current procedure involves looking at the existing aircraft schedule, noting the routes and flight numbers, and then:

For each route:

Route management -> find route -> click tab for flight# -> scheduling ->  select days -> dropdown box for selected aircraft -> adjust departure times - we are now on page [url="http://tempelhof.airlinesim.aero/app/flights/routes/number/xxx/segment/a.b"]http://xxx.air...xxx/segment/a.b[/url] - and apply.  

(hover to read links)

The main weakness of the current system is that I need to collect all the routes and flight numbers manually that are used by the particular aircraft.

http://xxx.air.../xxx/tabs/a.b.cThe current system does let us go from Aircraft - schedule - click schedule to start planner for flight# to put us on a page - but from there it does NOT let us change the assigned aircraft. Why? Because we are on the wrong page. We need the scheduling page which is under flights/routes, and if we start with the aircraft we are under fleets/aircraft. Can we get to the right page? Good question - I suspect that the answer is no, on account of the way the web application is designed as a tree structure, but only the developers can really answer that.

Hi Guys,

I really agree with this point, it would make things easier, but I am aware of the issues with turn around times etc. Therefore maybe a system can be introduced for A/C with THE SAME turn-around times :)

After reading Tandem’s post I have to make a comment here on how this procedure can be done way faster.

Open two tabs with the old A/C, keep one the way it is and use the other one to lock and soon after delete the full A/C schedule. Now just go to the new A/C and schedule exisiting flight numbers (with the data from the second tab of the old A/C which still shows the original flight schedule).

This system is a bit faster, but also assumes you want to change all flights.

regs

StockMaster

Hi,

you can skip one step…

I open two tabs: the old flight schedule and the new plane with the empty flight schedule. Then I just enter the flight numbers on the new flight schedule and activate the new schedule with a 3 day delay. The flights automatically disappear from the old flight schedule if you put them on a new schedule.

Jan

When using the same flight numbers, this isn’t necessary. You can just activate immediately, as the flight numbers have already been entered into the system for the next 3 days (on your old aircraft).