Aircrafts Maintenace Check C and D

To make the aircrafts maintenance more real, shouldnt be nice to have time off for aircrafts having checks C and D?

These maintenance works are very long in terms of time, making airlines to have more aircrafts, as in check D the aircrafts will be stopped almost 3 weeks.

What do you think?

I understand your view but please keep in mind that IMO such a game like AS needs to be "simple as possible" and is always a compromise to please all clienst playing here. Personally I would be pleased to have far more complexity but it won´t be a nice move for AS to be to complex.

Regards

I see your point.

Here we can see 737 making long-haul flights...that's not even close to reality...

But it would be easy to do it. And it's supposed that AS "is as real as you can get!", right???

Best Rgds!

If you wanted a game that's "as real as you would get" then it would take decades to get some of the fleets shown. This isn't really the point but basically, most new players struggle to get a firm grip on a good airline strategy, especially first time. I'd think that C/D-Checks would put people off-rather than draw them in.

To make the aircrafts maintenance more real, shouldnt be nice to have time off for aircrafts having checks C and D?

These maintenance works are very long in terms of time, making airlines to have more aircrafts, as in check D the aircrafts will be stopped almost 3 weeks.

What do you think?

Of course would it be "more" realistic .... the Problem is simply that if you bring Aircrafts to a C&D check ... where will the checks be done? At your hub? Somewhere else? You would need to plan ahead for that and need additional aircrafts who will then continue the schedule. The new Aircrafts would need to be on the spot there with at least 3 days in advance booking ..... and then how long should a C&D check in the game be? if it take lets say 4 days before you get your plane back with fleets of 1000 and more you need a lot of aircrafts on hold ...... and I would assume that in that case most of us would just get rid of the plane and get a new one just before the check is due. There is not an easy way at the moment to reschedule an aircraft with a simply click. The game will never be 100% realistic. You have to balance the gameplay, reduce and avoid cheating and put it as realistic as possible. For that I think they do a good job.