Ameriwest Airlines Media Room

Sadly it is the wrong USS Lexington. It is CV-16 a Essex class aircraft carrier nicknamed "The Blue Ghost". I was a big question mark when you said USS Lexington as I thought about CV-2 nicknamed "Lady Lex", she is one of my favorite ships, I just love that big chimney. Sadly Lady Lex was sunk in 8th of May 1942 in the battle of the Coral sea :,(.

You need to tell your passengers that it is the wrong ship ;).

Here is a picture of the fantastic Lady Lex whit that big chimney.

1024px-USS_Lexington_%28CV-2%29_leaving_

CV-16 is not that bad as it had a pretty remarkable service history, but it did never beat Lady Lex on looks.

The passengers will see the big ship and throw the money at it don't worry :)

Ameriwest.png

RAFT OF CHANGES AT AMERIWEST

This week, the arrival of Dallas based Ameriwest Airlines' 30th aircraft has coincided with a sweeping of changes across the network and our hubs. Three new routes have been started across the network, Nine routes have seen a frequency increase. However, it is not all positive. To improve the profitability of some of our hubs we have had to cut or reduce unprofitable routes from our Texan hubs of Dallas/Love Field and Houston/Hobby. 6 routes have seen frequency reductions whilst Las Vegas/Los Angeles has been cut from DAL whilst Corpus Christi, New Orleans and Kansas City has lost it's Houston services. Also, to better right size operations we have replaced services from ABQ to Denver, Dallas and Houston from a 150 seat MD80 to a 120 seat B737-500. We anticipate the capacity is more in line with demand on the route.

CHICAGO/MIDWAY BECOMES AMERIWEST'S LARGEST HUBS

Chicago/Midway, the jewel in the crown of the Ameriwest network, Continuing to be the airline's most profitable hub, it is also now the biggest (In terms of seats offered) as well as the joint busiest in terms of daily departures at 35 alongside Dallas.

We have started a brand new twice daily service to our Florida station Tampa. Not only this we have also trebled service to Kansas City,  doubled service to Minneapolis and also added a Third service to St Louis and SIXTH DAILY to Dallas.

BALTIMORE NOW BECOMES THIRD LARGEST

As with Chicago/Dallas, a similar action has happened between Baltimore/Washington and Houston/Hobby. With reductions at Houston (With the exception of a new Third daily to Tampa) and the addition of services to St Louis and Detroit. Baltimore now becomes the third largest station on our network in terms of seats - both at 16 Daily departures.

Ameriwest_small.png Flying you with Love

AMERIWEST AIRLINES UNVEILS NEW LOGO

This week, Dallas based Ameriwest Airlines launches it's all new and improved logo. The fresh new look emphasizes the "LOVE" and heart of the organisation. The warm and inviting logo epitomizes our core values of "Sharing the Love". Over the course of this week our planes, ticket counters and gates will be rebranded with Ameriwest Love mk II.

[url=http://postimage.org/]Ameriwest.png[/url]

BOSTON BECOMES AMERIWEST'S 26TH STATION

Today, with the acquisition of two more aircraft - including our first 138 seat B737-700 aircraft (Nickname "Ameriwest LOVE") we have inaugurated service to our 26th station - BOSTON. We are currently opening the station with 5 Daily services to 3 cities on our network, with thrice daily services to Chicago/Midway and a daily service each to Baltimore and Tampa. The airport is a major commercial centre in the north east as well as the main gateway heading up to the stunning North Eastern states.

AMERIWEST AIRLINES UNVEILS NEW LOGO

This week, Dallas based Ameriwest Airlines launches it's all new and improved logo. The fresh new look emphasizes the "LOVE" and heart of the organisation. The warm and inviting logo epitomizes our core values of "Sharing the Love". Over the course of this week our planes, ticket counters and gates will be rebranded with Ameriwest Love mk II.

BOSTON BECOMES AMERIWEST'S 26TH STATION

Today, with the acquisition of two more aircraft - including our first 138 seat B737-700 aircraft (Nickname "Ameriwest LOVE") we have inaugurated service to our 26th station - BOSTON. We are currently opening the station with 5 Daily services to 3 cities on our network, with thrice daily services to Chicago/Midway and a daily service each to Baltimore and Tampa. The airport is a major commercial centre in the north east as well as the main gateway heading up to the stunning North Eastern states.

Hehe it looks like a ripped apart version of the Southwest logo.

I understand that you want to make an airline similar to Southwest but in AS you need connections. You will not be able to run an airline your way you will finally lose.

Dont worry, my networks are built with connections in mind, i actually have quite a lot of transfer pax on my flights

Hehe it looks like a ripped apart version of the Southwest logo.

I understand that you want to make an airline similar to Southwest but in AS you need connections. You will not be able to run an airline your way you will finally lose.

Southwest actually is not running a purely O/D model, their 1-transfer model could be viable on AS, although it requires much more careful planning

Correct, WN always did connections especially since they were not able to fly farther than nearby states from their Love Field airport, so they had to stop in nearby states if they wanted to fly beyond that perimeter. So they flew DAL-OKC-MDW for example. That model was then kept when they expanded to new bases. Southwest no longer is purely O/D because you can do connections and it’s quite easy to get to almost anywhere on Southwest network. Even Spirit has connections, though mainly via FLL. I think the only one that does not do connections is Allegiant. In Europe Ryanair and EasyJet don’t do connections, but Norwegian does, same as Eurowings.

yeah exactly. Do a simple search for say DAL-LAS on their website and you will get a plethora of 1 stop options on top of their direct services. Im at about 30% transfer at most of my hubs so that will increase as more flights increase

Ameriwest.png

CALIFORNIA DREAMING FOR AMERIWEST AIRLINES

This week, Dallas based Ameriwest Airlines has well and truly landed in the Golden State of California. Although we already had a service to Los Angeles, however now the airline has landed with a bang. The airline has chosen the bay area airport of Oakland to be it's west coast hub. The major west coast port city is the ideal location offering a central position on the coast for connections up and down the western seaboard. We have gone straight in with major expansion at the airport, basing 4 aircraft there to operate TWELVE daily flights to 7 destinations.

Albuquerque Daily

Burbank 3xDaily ***NEW STATION FO WN***

Denver Daily

Las Vegas Daily

Long Beach 2xDaily ***NEW STATION FO WN***

Los Angeles 2xDaily

Ontario 2xDaily ***NEW STATION FO WN***

Most of the destinations are currently in Los Angeles area however we will look to extend services north of Oakland to neighbouring states including Washington and Oregon. Not only this we will look to add further services from our existing stations on our network.

FO? Flight Ops or word "of" ?