Any help starting?

I'm using YB's tutorials on utube but I've never been able to create a succesfull airline, only just tried one in Botwoana but I liquidated my airloine because I was getting maximum 70% loads when 100% doesn't make me any money...

I'm looking for a nice spot to start (Maybe in Europe, might be more interesting than Botwoana) and someone to kinda guide me and help me, I understand all of the technical stuff and how to make flight numbers and everything but I just can't seem to make it work...

If anybody has any help for where to start, and how to create a good buisness plan so please write it and help me start the game :D

btw: it's my 10th airline or something, NOT GONNA GIVE UP! :)

ah, and I'm looking to start in Aspern.

Brazil on Gatow is wide open, major airline BK'ed about two weeks ago, and not many used planes available there so newcomers can only grow so fast. GRU is right now at 51% and GIG at  69% of "AVAILABLE" slots.

Start there, you can charge 10% over default with Leisure Plus / recliner shorthaul seats in Y/C, and go for routes to Fortaleza, Recife, Salvador, Belem, Natal in the beginning, and mix and match with routes to Rio, Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre, Curitiba.

If you wish and decide to start an airline there, I can advise you via PM, I have experience with Brazil.

Don't have a lot of time to go into depth, but here are some suggestions:

* Don't get upset that it's your tenth airline. I've lost dozens. It happens. Each time is a learning experience.

* Do some research on what kind of routes you want to fly. This means choosing a hub, deciding where you want to fly to, and then picking the aircraft that will work best for those routes. It can take a couple days to get everything together.

* Know your hub. I find it's better to choose an airport you know and like. Find out where many of the passengers like to fly to. There are resources online to show how many passengers traveled which routes.

* Starting in Aspern is going to be difficult. It's already about six months old, and many routes are starting to fill up. I would suggest Quimby. Yes, it's temporary, but you should learn about running a stable airline before trying to make a mega-airline every time.

* Connections, connections, connections. These are the keys to filling your planes.

* Do some searches on the forum. There are dozens upon dozens of threads that have a LOT of very valuable information. Read, research, restart.

Good luck :)

Don't have a lot of time to go into depth, but here are some suggestions:

* Don't get upset that it's your tenth airline. I've lost dozens. It happens. Each time is a learning experience.

* Do some research on what kind of routes you want to fly. This means choosing a hub, deciding where you want to fly to, and then picking the aircraft that will work best for those routes. It can take a couple days to get everything together.

* Know your hub. I find it's better to choose an airport you know and like. Find out where many of the passengers like to fly to. There are resources online to show how many passengers traveled which routes.

* Starting in Aspern is going to be difficult. It's already about six months old, and many routes are starting to fill up. I would suggest Quimby. Yes, it's temporary, but you should learn about running a stable airline before trying to make a mega-airline every time.

* Connections, connections, connections. These are the keys to filling your planes.

* Do some searches on the forum. There are dozens upon dozens of threads that have a LOT of very valuable information. Read, research, restart.

Good luck :)

Alright, thnx.. I thought of doing a Point to point system airplane in Montenegro (transfer impossible) but it's not that viable is it? a low cost 3-4 100ish planes that will fly non connection flights to big airports in europe...? 

Anyway I will try your tips, thhnx :D

No it would not be viable due to the lack of available connections (the majority of traffic tends to be connections). Try and find a 5-7 bar airport which lacks one major airline maybe?

Another word of advice: Forget Europe and the US, those are by far the two most competitive markets in the world and are VERY hard to get into. Look for some nice empty place elsewhere.

Another word of advice: Forget Europe and the US, those are by far the two most competitive markets in the world and are VERY hard to get into. Look for some nice empty place elsewhere.

Where though? Africa is really tough due to lack of demand (exeperianced it just now...) and we can say the same thing about South America, can't we? should I try to look for a place in the middle east or something like that? operating small Let planes and flying domesticly?...

Which game world are you looking at DPS?

Which game world are you looking at DPS?

I have started in the new Quimby world but i'm really looking to start an airline in Aspern

I have started in the new Quimby world but i'm really looking to start an airline in Aspern

Don't. Too crowded right now. Find a niche somewhere in an old server. On Gatow, Chile and Brazil are wide open

and we can say the same thing about South America, can't we?

Not really. Brazil for example has quite a big domestic market and offers nice international routes as well.

And as luck would have it, there just so happens to be a sweet empty spot in Brazil on Gatow right now.

Not really. Brazil for example has quite a big domestic market and offers nice international routes as well.

And as luck would have it, there just so happens to be a sweet empty spot in Brazil on Gatow right now.

Yes... Brazil is one of the top markets in the world in Real Life

It's #6 by pax data for 2012, combining both domestic and international traffic.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/IS.AIR.PSGR?order=wbapi_data_value_2012+wbapi_data_value+wbapi_data_value-last&sort=desc

And this report says it's #4 domestic market in the world

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/brazil-domestic-airline-market-remains-challenging-after-flat-growth-in-1h2013-121276

Don't. Too crowded right now. Find a niche somewhere in an old server. On Gatow, Chile and Brazil are wide open

I suggested him Brazil (post 2) and even offered t mentor him a bit about that market  ... but seems he does not like it there.

All of the remaining airlines on Aspern in US, EU, China, etc have a dominate position in at least one major market.  And by dominiate I mean they control 40%+ of their home market and aggressively pursue new competition that comes into their markets.  Trying to make a hub when the dominate carrier has that kind of position requires a lot of patience and ability to withstand either lower prices or lower loads.  Either way cutting into new markets kills your profit margins.  And margins are EVERYTHING. 

Recently I have not been growing my airline as much as streamlining and optimizing it.  I tried to move into a new market that is dominated by a top 5 US airline.  I've found it tough sledding...and I'm a top 20 airline in the US right now.  A new startup would get destroyed.  On the other hand I've recently found it easier to find slots in major markets.  But that is ONLY because the competition is so fierce it is driving the smallest and least efficient airlines right out of business.  A new startup had better have at least one major interlining partner that will "feed" you connections otherwise I just don't see how you can compete in the big markets.  And the smaller markets are small for a reason.

On the other hand I'm personally looking for a long haul carrier that would be willing to work with me at my current hub.  I am a focused regional US carrier and I don't want to run a long haul carrier.  But I would like to have a partner in my market that wouldn't directly compete with me that I can feed connections to/from.  Finding a US carrier that would agree to that would make for a very desirable interlining partner.  But a new startup simply can't afford enough 787's (etc) to be profitable.   

Lipscomb407

Brazil on Gatow is wide open, major airline BK'ed about two weeks ago, and not many used planes available there so newcomers can only grow so fast. GRU is right now at 51% and GIG at  69% of "AVAILABLE" slots.

Start there, you can charge 10% over default with Leisure Plus / recliner shorthaul seats in Y/C, and go for routes to Fortaleza, Recife, Salvador, Belem, Natal in the beginning, and mix and match with routes to Rio, Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre, Curitiba.

If you wish and decide to start an airline there, I can advise you via PM, I have experience with Brazil.

Didn't see your message... I'd love to get some adivse via PM :D Looking at Brazil though, it looks like there are 2 huge airlines and 10 smaller ones... Can you maybe help me start an Airline in Chile? Sounds like a good clean place, and I can fly to Brazil.. what do you think, is it a good spot to start an airline in?

Didn't see your message... I'd love to get some adivse via PM :D Looking at Brazil though, it looks like there are 2 huge airlines and 10 smaller ones... Can you maybe help me start an Airline in Chile? Sounds like a good clean place, and I can fly to Brazil.. what do you think, is it a good spot to start an airline in?

Brazil ... the (only) large airline there has 865k pax ... Brazil total has 1.4 million pax per week on Gatow. Compare that to 3.5 - 3.9 million per week on saturated servers.

Trust me when I say Brazil is open ...

GRU has 51% slot availability meaning it's wide open. GRU is money printer if done right. There "IS" a way for you to grow fast but do not think much because other new players in that market may realize it and may jump on it before you. I can advise you which routes to go for first and how much to charge in this market situation.

About Chile... I do not have any experience with Chile so I could not help you out with that one.

So it's up to you.

George

Hi,

in the Tempelhof server, Brazilian airlines transport 4 million passengers per week. On Gatow, Brazilian airlines transport 1.4 million passengers per week.

Why don't you believe George when he says Brazil has potential as a market, and offers opportunities on the Gatow server ?

Jan

Edit

you beat me by one minute, George  :D

I tried to move into a new market that is dominated by a top 5 US airline.  I've found it tough sledding...and I'm a top 20 airline in the US right now.  

If it makes you feel any better, you have made my profit margin narrow quite a bit in RDU. ;)

If it makes you feel any better, you have made my profit margin narrow quite a bit in RDU. ;)

I'm just now starting to get enough flights into and out of RDU to begin to get connections.  I needed a presence in the East Coast and RDU was the best pick at the time.  I had no idea I would have such trouble cutting into your market share.  My first week out of RDU had me at 50% load factors and few connections.  I also dramatically overestimated the demand that would come from the smaller markets in the area.  At one point I was doing so badly I thought about pulling out entirely.  But I've come to the conclusion that RDU can handle both our presence and driving me out completely would cost you too much in profit margin when there are still so many other (better) opportunities.  I have to admit I am curious if I've bitten more than I can chew but only time will tell.  My biggest weakness is I started my airline 2 weeks after the world start.  Those two week almost entirely account for the difference in size between us.  Our strategies are pretty different but our results have been similar.

Brazil ... the (only) large airline there has 865k pax ... Brazil total has 1.4 million pax per week on Gatow. Compare that to 3.5 - 3.9 million per week on saturated servers.

Trust me when I say Brazil is open ...

GRU has 51% slot availability meaning it's wide open. GRU is money printer if done right. There "IS" a way for you to grow fast but do not think much because other new players in that market may realize it and may jump on it before you. I can advise you which routes to go for first and how much to charge in this market situation.

About Chile... I do not have any experience with Chile so I could not help you out with that one.

So it's up to you.

George

Alright then, thnx! I'll start an Airline in Brazil... in GRU, where should I fly though and at which rates? Should I buy ATR Dash 8 like planes or more bigger MD-80, 7373 and Airbus A320 types of planes? ah and thnx for the help, it's great to have a sound community that helps new comers!

Have a look at the country page to help locate potential destinations. Start with default pricing, if you are 100% load after a week raise the price. Never ever buy aircraft just lease aircraft, as to what type depends on the route and the competition.