Application to run Non EU Flights

Hello all,

I think it would be a great idea if there was a system whereby airlines could apply to whoever is the moderators of the server for an application to fly non eu routes from not there home country?

I mean since this is meant to be realistic why can’t i fly to Turkey from the UK if i want? Ryanair, Norwegian and other none UK carriers can do this? Or from Italy to North Africa? Or other EU countries to North America.

I understand that if it was total Open skies it would be a shit show. But what if airlines could bid or apply to fly some selected routes maybe a max of 10?

Just kinda annoying for me that’s all, or if possible I would like to change my home base so at least i can do it with one of my more demanding hubs.

Cheers,

Ben

Not against the suggestion but some extra information. Ryanair only operate routes where a open skies treaty is in place. So for example EU- Morocco, EU - Jordan and EU - Isreal. If Ryanair were ever limited to routers they could operate from an airport it would ruin their negotiating power with the airport to get lower fees…ie. “we will deliver 5million pax in 5 years…but we won’t tell you where from”. The only route they do to Turkey is from Ireland. Bringing that into AS wouldn’t work as the extra EU over skies flights have limitations, such as Morocco no domestic is the rule, but it would be a technical limitation of AS.

Simarly EU - US is a semi- open skies agreement, equally if you are a Scandinavian career, you have rights from all Scandinavian countries in real life. The Norwegian flights from UK to Argentina and Brazil are covered because of the UK subsidiary therefore rights, I’m not sure they are flying anywhere else UK - outside EU though. Again none of this scenarios are able to be simulated by AS.

Like I said not taking away from the suggestion, just some more context