Arrival and Departure times won't line up?

Hi guys, I'm new to AS, and it looks really fun.

I current have a 737-900 leased and I'm trying to fly from London to JFK, however, I can not line up the departure and arrival times so they both match. I can do one or the other, but none of the slots line up. Do I need to pick a different airport? How does this work?

Welcome to AS,

To be honest if you are starting out the number one bit of advice is to avoid long haul

If you can't get the slots that means they have gone. You can try adjusting speeds to try get them to match but on an established gameworld then the chances of good slots in LHR or JFK are very unlikely to exist

I am confused on this fact: how soon should I be expecting cash flow. I am now a premium customer! But will the people start to book flights after or during the 3 day activation period?

I am confused on this fact: how soon should I be expecting cash flow. I am now a premium customer! But will the people start to book flights after or during the 3 day activation period?

I’m pretty sure that Yukawa’s blog topic mentions it, but the 3-day activation means that your first flight is in three days. Immediate activation still means a day of a delay though. Your staff will collect the ticket revenue when the aircraft takes off, as well as pay out any flight-related costs such as fuel and catering.

The delay is implemented to allow time for the aircraft to travel to your airport, in addition to the way the booking system is constructed. Each airport creates departing passengers all-at-once once per day. The delay allows for a set of passengers to be generated and seats sold for your flights. A 3-day delay allows three such computations to occur.