Benefit of using other airlines' terminals?

Title says it all.

I see airlines rent out space in other airlines' terminals all the time. What's the benefit of doing this?

Better facilities than default, often at a better price.  However, with default handling, you only pay for what you need.  Signing a contract for someone else's terminal means you pay exactly what you've agreed to, whether it gets used or not.  The trade-off is your decision.

Better facilities than default, often at a better price. However, with default handling, you only pay for what you need. Signing a contract for someone else's terminal means you pay exactly what you've agreed to, whether it gets used or not. The trade-off is your decision.

Thanks. Do better facilities increase ORS Rating?

Thanks. Do better facilities increase ORS Rating?

Yes and no, depends on the distance and class of service.

What's the normal cost per unit for the default terminal?

And what happens if I need more slots than what my contract has?

The default terminal is AS$10/passenger, and you only pay for what you use.  Private terminals are whatever the handler charges, and if you contract for 1000 passengers, you pay for 1000 passengers weekly.  If you only have 500 actual passengers per week, you still pay for 1000 passengers, and if you have more than 1000 passengers per week, then the flight containing the 1001th passenger and subsequent flights will be cancelled due to insufficient handling capacity.

You can have multiple contracts for a private terminal though, so once you've exceeded the 1000 passengers of the original contract, you can sign a second contract for more passengers.

Please don't cancel your original private contract to sign a new one.  It generates an in-game mail to the provider, and generally floods my IGM and email inbox.

The default is 11 AS$.