Bookable transfer flight

I think this has been mentioned before with regard to when you order a new aircraft been able to immediatly book a transfer flight. I’ve just changed the rotation one of my aircraft will be flying and I’d really like to be able to book a transfer flight that allows the aircraft to easily move from the old schedule to the new. Something in the format of “book transfer time for 15/11/2011 @ 14:30ht” where the date and time are selectable.

Hi,

when I change a flight schedule, I always make sure that the last flight of the old schedule is a return flight to my hub. And I activate the new flight schedule with a 3 days delay to avoid double flights and resulting cancellations. By working that way, I don’t have to reposition the plane.

However, if the last flight on your flight list leads your plane to Timbuktu next wednesday afternoon… create a flight number 9999: Timbuktu to your hub. Put that flight number on your flight schedule, only for one wednesday evening (I mean not every day of the week). Activate the flight schedule. When the repositioning flight appears on the flight list, remove that flight from your schedule and replace it by the new schedule. Make sure the new flight schedule starts after the repositioning flight has arrived at your hub, and begins with an outbound flight.

Jan

Added: sorry… forgot this was the suggestion forum :blush:

This is a good idea that hadn’t crossed my mind. The problem was that I was in effect moving the aircraft from one base to another and there was no flights between these two bases on that aircraft, fortunately (more by good luck than good judgement) the aircraft flies to an intermediate airport on the old and new schedule and will fly into and out of there with minimal disruption. Nevertheless I still think booking a transfer time at a given time and date is a useful future feature.

Hi,

it is a good and practical idea - and it has been suggested before - so I hope it is already on some future to-do list.

Jan