Brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8 crashes!

I think now the discussion completely off topic... Is it suppose to be a 737Max topic? not a C series/A220 topic...

‘Seeking justice’: parents of Lion Air victim file lawsuit against Boeing

https://sc.mp/xvh97

The first US lawyers are already at work…

They could have had investors interested in the project as a basis for investing in the C-series program. they could have had a bridge loan that funds the CS500 as a condition so as to ensure the survivability of the entire program. It is similar to what happens in other industries - sometimes what a project needs is not divestment, much rather, what is needed is more investment to make it worthwhile! Imagine if Russia had quit after the failure of the Tu-204 program or if China had quit after the lacklustre performance of the ARJ-21 program? Sometimes, you need to commit deeper and be bullish to get returns - I blame the Canadian government for lacking spine and failing to support the company. It could never have happened in America or Europe,

‘Seeking justice’: parents of Lion Air victim file lawsuit against Boeing

https://sc.mp/xvh97

The first US lawyers are already at work…

Sometimes, the worst storm is the slow kind.......  :D  :D  :D

They could have had investors interested in the project as a basis for investing in the C-series program. they could have had a bridge loan that funds the CS500 as a condition so as to ensure the survivability of the entire program. It is similar to what happens in other industries - sometimes what a project needs is not divestment, much rather, what is needed is more investment to make it worthwhile! Imagine if Russia had quit after the failure of the Tu-204 program or if China had quit after the lacklustre performance of the ARJ-21 program? Sometimes, you need to commit deeper and be bullish to get returns - I blame the Canadian government for lacking spine and failing to support the company. It could never have happened in America or Europe,

I am sure, Bombardier has tried VERY hard to find such investors, but nobody with the money was ready to sign a cheque. And the Canadian government did support the company with a billion dollars. But even that was not enough.

As a big Boeing fan, I think Boeing may have messed up a bit here.... Very sad incident 

And now a second crash in Ethiopia…in a way, I’m glad that AS doesn’t model crashes. I also would not expect AS to model ground stops for aircraft types. Gosh.

I’ve flown on the 737 MAX 8 (AA MIA-LAX) and must admit to a small amount of anxiety. I realize air travel is overall quite safe, but it’s still on the mind for future flights!

Last year, I flew 108k miles, most commonly on a 737 family a/c, so as fleet replacements bring the MAX into more use, I can’t help but think that I’m at increased risk here.

One is an accident. Two is more than coincidence. Since we don’t know why this plane crashed all the Max planes in the fleet should be grounded. Not just the 8’s but all that rely on the same software/technology. New plane with new technologies = lots of unknowns. Better for Boeing in the end to “recall” (ground) their planes and fix the problem(s).

If a third plane goes down…at that point Boeing’s liability will simply be sky high. And the FAA (and others) that allowed these planes to continue to fly without knowing the reasons why won’t have a leg to stand on.

It is funny how the whole world grounded the 737 MAX while the US still say they are safe. Looks like US government are protecting Boeing.

The grounding affects all MAX.

I too find it strange that the US at this point still allows operations. Playing with the life of people it seems.
While beeing highly unlikely to see a 3rd airframe going down now, I’d guess such case would ruin not only the reputation of Boeing.

Mr. Trump took actions. Now also in the US, the 737 Max are grounded.

1 Like

That came unexpected.
Doesn’t look good for Boeing I’d say.

Unexpected? Not sure why this should be unexpected after 2 crashes with more than 340 dead humans. It is very late that the US reacted. Too late for me.
Boeing is in trouble now.

Unexpected as in “it’s not his business”.

Ah OK. I see. Yes, might be not his business.

Wow that was unexpected considering how corrupted the US government is by Boeing.

I enjoyed this Youtube video on 737 MAX economics. It’s not anything that serious aviation geeks don’t know, but the production quality is quite good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfNEOfEGe3I

This is the best explanation of the problem of MCAS I have seen. The guy is a US pilot and has flown both B737 and A320.

1 Like