Bullying by "Violation of naming rules" - how much longer?

null

You are contradicting yourself. 

In basically the same sentence you say your problem is that the rules are not clear while I explained to you exactly that thing, that they are very clear (DON'T USE REAL NAMES, NOR STUPID NAMES, NOR OBVIOUS LEGAL VIOLATIONS, NOR NAMES OF OTHERS WHICH ARE STILL PROTECTED EVEN WITHOUT (TM) (C) (R), NOR ODDLY WRITTEN NAMES), you say I used stupid (I assume wrong) arguments. 

If existing names are violating the named rules it doesn't mean you are allowed to break those rules, too. Report those names and it's done, or just stick to the rules and ignore it. You only have those two options because your odd exaggertive attitude won't change anything. Nowhere. Not in a game, not in life.  <_<

I hope I wrote it now CLEAR enough that even you understand it. And reading all you write is very exhausting since you use too much of this and THIS and your English is really hard to read, sorry.

Normally, I ignore those topics but you manage to be insultive against people which are respectful replying. That's crap. Really makes me wonder about your age as before someone asked...

Above this post you have gotten the perfect explanation and the topic could be closed.

Just a reminder in the future to not call everybody stupid that is actually trying to help you or give you an explanation. How do you think friendships are made? The rules of this game are like they are and if you do not like them you could kindly make a suggestion without insulting everybody replying or maybe this game and this community is not for you. I do not in the first place understand why you are opening a topic here insulting Marrion. If you do belive a team member misbehaves then you can take that up with SK through support but not here publically and stating that he is bullying you. I personally belive Marrion is quite nice regarding this and not just saying "these are the rules, accept them or leave", and is instead explaining you the reason.

I am pretty sure you will also reply to this post calling me stupid or even worse but that is okay for me as everybody has there opinions and I will not argue your reply to this post.

It beats me why you keep insisting that you must have a name similar to an existing airline, instead of creating your own name from scratch with no relation whatsoever to existing names. It’s pretty obvious that if “Red Globe Cargo” exists, then “Red Global Cargo” won’t be accepted. What exactly is shocking about that?

Airlines get reported all the time, it’s not just you. If you see someone violating a name you can report them just as well. But please stop this childish tantrum about how you’re being “bullied”. Not everything in the world is about you.

Hi,

big, bold, red or capital fonts have never won a debate.

I have no reason to think that Marion is a bully, just like I doubt that Ulafme is a 5 year old.

But if the naming rules are so clear, why then was "Mare Nostrum" not allowed in 2010 and allowed in 2015 ? And it did not really bother me to change names 3 times in 5 years. It however also meant changing the logo.

People accept rules if they understand the need, if they understand how the rules work and if the same rules apply to everyone.

Well, there are plenty airline names that resemble real airlines. It is hard to create a name that does not resemble a real airline, as there are thousands of airlines in the world and one of the naming rules demands a link with aviation. Within 5 minutes I even found an airline that uses a name that existed for real.

So the question is: how far can the resemblance go ? And answering that question is like a piece of elastic... Luxcargo may be easy. At least, I would not accept it if I were a moderator. But there's enough names that could ignite a decent discussion  ;-)

My conclusion: the rules are applied when and if someone notices and then implemented using the above piece of elastic. That is why every so often someone gets frustrated and complains on this forum. But I see no solution. One can only discuss the problem with the moderator in question and try to find a solution.

Have a nice day,

Jan

I would also like to add that airline names do not have to sound stupid. I will give an example of some of my airline with name and livery.

Malaysian, based in KUL, Malaysia:

Malaysian_refreshed_767_400_ER.png

Pacifica, based in HIR, Solomon Islands:

Pacifica_ATR_42.png

Air Iraq, based in EBL, Iraq:

Air_Iraq_CRJ_200.png

Argentine Airways, based in EZE, Argentina:

Aregentine_Airways_CRJ_900.png

Panama Airlines, based in PTY, Panama:

Panama_Airlines_Boeing737_300_WL.png

South America Central Airlines (SACA), based in ASU, Paraguay:

SACA_767_200.png

Global Freight Services, based all around the world:

There is no good livery but this is the logo:

Global_Freight_Services_large_logo.png

BLU Caribbean, based in BGI, Barbados but I am planning to operate bases from other destinations as well:

Blu_Caribbean_737_700_wl.png

Fly2Holidays, planned to be based in BGI but I choose the BLU brand instead:

fly2holidays_737_900_W.png

And the my holding company is called Global Group and my investment company is called Global Banking Corporation, they both use the this logo:

Global.png

As you can see it is not hard to make airline names that actually do not sound stupid.

null

8. Do you think, that games like "airline-empires.com" they have authorizations granted by all airlines in world (even those not existing anymore) to use their legal names it these games?

it's a free game, could not be considered as commercial use of trademark. 

I would also like to add that airline names do not have to sound stupid. I will give an example of some of my airline with name and livery.

And the my holding company is called Global Group and my investment company is called Global Banking Corporation, they both use the this logo:

As you can see it is not hard to make airline names that actually do not sound stupid.

I used to use 'Amadeus Airlines' in a free airline simulation game.

Was VERY frustrated when AS forbid me to use Amadeus since although it's not a real airline name, it's a name of booking system which is very aviation related. 

I already in love with the name amadeus, and also the American Airline livery lol, so it get me a while before I start to adapt to new name. And it's also difficult to come up with different names, so when I found one I particularly like, it become the name of holding, and all subsidiaries. 

:D

Hi,

names of cities or states are not allowed if they stand alone. You cannot call your airline China. But you can call it China Express, China Air, and so on. If nobody decides it resembles China Airlines  ;-)

Rules remain rules, even if they are not always implemented in the same way. But again, I don't think this happens on purpose. Team members don't know every airline in the world. In many cases they only start investigating if someone cannot resist the temptation to click on the <report this airline> button.

As for your last question... when I wanted something (and referred to my friends) my mother used to reply: if your friend jumps off a bridge, would you also do it ?

Jan

maybe, however we believe the rules for naming to be, there is one very basic, very simple mechanic behind it all:

there is a company offering a product, let's call it AS, that is legally responsible for certain, including but not limited to copy rights, infringements. In order to protect themselves, they made and make a risk assessment as well as an assessment of the costs indured by limiting that risk, and decide on a policy to manage it. This policy may change over time, it may include several and different processes, which may also change or be applied by different people with slightly different takes on the subject, associations or legal knowledge. Either way, it is the company's prerogative to decide what risk it is willing to take, and how to manage the risks it is facing.

the user has no legal right what-so-ever to the usage of any particular name. The company is in no way required to explain it's risk management. They have done so in the past and it has been pointed out why certain names have been rejected, but they do not have to explain themselves. it might not make for good PR, but I honestly think, since they are still there - so apparently haven't been sued - they are doing a good job.

now, having added the part above (which was not part of my original text for this post), I really feel the urge to post what I have been feeling since starting to read this thread:

from wiki (yeah, not a great source, I know):

Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively dominate others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception, by the bully or by others, of an imbalance of social or physical power, which distinguishes bullying from conflict.[1] Behaviors used to assert such domination can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault or coercion, and such acts may be directed repeatedly towards particular targets. Rationalizations for such behavior sometimes include differences of social class, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, appearance, behavior, body language, personality, reputation, lineage, strength, size or ability.[2][3] If bullying is done by a group, it is called mobbing.[4]

so, although the only time (so it might actually be just an insult), this video is meant as bullying

I am very sorry, though, I am not a member of the team, so I can not hope for domination, since we are online, I can't really physically assault or intimidate you... I guess, I have to go with verbal harassment. And I can rationalize it: I clearly feel to see in the video the same thing I read here.

but darn, I just come to notice something: now, that it's allegedly Marrion and now definately me, it's not bullying anymore, it's called mobbing. maybe you should change the title of this thread.

i am astonished about the infinite amount of (negative) emotions a topic like this can evoke...

EDIT: grammar

the user has no legal right what-so-ever to the usage of any particular name.

Actually, you do. If you hold a trademark, commercial name or other IP in aviation-related area, I believe they would have to accept that. Once you have it registered in your name, it is yours to use on anything and anywhere the registration permits.

Say I register Ansett Colombia in Colombia to provide aviation services. If Colombian Trade registry registers that business name in my name, with trade description "scheduled and charter air services", I have legal right to demand that I am to be allowed to run Ansett Colombia in Colombia in AS. I could register a Florida LLC for like 80 bucks the whole nine-yards package, just for the fun of it, and name it "Whatever Airline", and then set up a holding in Florida and if I can prove I own that LLC, heck there is no way anybody could make me change the name. I would even go as far as signing a notarized approval by myself as a Member and Director of that LLC to myself allowing me to use that name in AS. Actually, this could be quite fun to really do it with any future holding :) ...

I honestly think, since they are still there - so apparently haven't been sued - they are doing a good job.

AE had been around for ages as well, they run real airline names, and nobody sued them yet either... and they are based in lawsuit-trigger-happy country, USA.

I, hereby, appologize to anyone, who actually is the target of bullying or mobbing, and who I might have offended with my previous post.

and the_nero is absolute right!  if no one every replied here, this thread would have been dead for days.

The funny thing is when you look at older game worlds, there are a lot of airlines that do not follow the rules and nothing has happened to them. I know I been there before!

There was a 'name check' several weeks ago on Kaitak. Several airlines were reported even though they used the same names for years...I believe this was also discussed on the german forum 

I believe the naming rules are a bit outdated.   If AS just puts up a discloser that the users are legally responsible for all damages resulting in using a certain name your done.   So if you add that its wize to refrain from using an real airline name the thing is done.

I would use KLM (KuaLaluMpur Airlines)   :mellow:

Cheers and good luck with the naming of your airlines.

Malaysian, based in KUL, Malaysia:

Pacifica, based in HIR, Solomon Islands:

Air Iraq, based in EBL, Iraq:

Argentine Airways, based in EZE, Argentina:

Panama Airlines, based in PTY, Panama:

South America Central Airlines (SACA), based in ASU, Paraguay:

Global Freight Services, based all around the world:

There is no good livery but this is the logo:

BLU Caribbean, based in BGI, Barbados but I am planning to operate bases from other destinations as well:

Fly2Holidays, planned to be based in BGI but I choose the BLU brand instead:

But most of them don’t withstand a rule check actually. Just to show how applicable those rules are (NOT)

• Malaysian, as in Malaysian Airline System (MAS)?

• Pacifica, where’s the connection to aviation?

• Argentine Airways, too close to Argentine Airlines (=Aerolineas…) for my taste

• Global Freight…, connection to aviation?

• BLU Carr…, same here

:wink:

But most of them don't withstand a rule check actually. Just to show how applicable those rules are (NOT)

• Malaysian, as in Malaysian Airline System (MAS)?

• Pacifica, where’s the connection to aviation?

• Argentine Airways, too close to Argentine Airlines (=Aerolineas…) for my taste

• Global Freight…, connection to aviation?

• BLU Carr…, same here

:wink:

I understand that the name may similar to airline names but I do still not understand why all names have to contain "Air", "Airlines", "Fly", "Jet", "Airways", "Aero".

Now let´s go into defence mode ;)

• MAS does not exist any more as it is now called Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB). For example what is the difference between British European Airways and British European?
  •  The airline is registered under Aerolineas Argentinas and the only people actually calling it Argentine Airways are patriots who can not possibly understand that there exist other languages in the world other than English. 
  •  If these are the theories that you are going after then all names ending with "Cargo", "Regional", "Express", "Connect" which not involve "Air" should be changed. Major real world airlines like Indigo, Norwegian, United, American, Delta, CargoLux, Cathay Pacific, Qantas, Emirates, Etihad, Iberia, Wamos, UPS, FedEx, DHL, Rossiya should all change there. I am sure that more than 50% of all yearly passengers do not fly with an airline involving "Air", etc in it´s name.

I have always believed that the involving "Air", etc is stupid but copying a real world airline name is just stupid.

I completely agree with CBE. It was recently said in a different naming thread that the name dies not need to include Air etc. Also CBE’s airline was renamed into Malaysian from a different name upon request so I believe that it was thoroughly considered by powers that be when they were considering that particular request. And about Argentine Airways I think there is a company with that name on all servers.