Changes to multiple aircraft type penalty

Only additional categories.

Here is what some claim.

To my knowledge it applies to your entire fleet.

Here is what I have heard from you and others...

As you can see, there is a lot of confusion and no clarity. Is there no one here who can authoritatively tell us the A/S position on this?

I think it is important to know.

Any category on top will add 15% on your maintenance costs. Good question if it also applies to the 3 main categories which are free - I doubt it but I don't know it.

It applies to the whole fleet. You can check it easily by simply leasing new aircraft type without scheduling it, your whole maintenance bill will be higher.

As official information:

Every additional category (starting with the 4th) will add 15 percentage points to every maintenance bill.

For the numbers of categories, all aircraft count that available in your fleet. If they aren't yet delivered or put up for sale on the market, they don't count. But if you have aircraft sitting around with no flight plan, those will still count towards your number of maintenance categories.

If Martin is the programmer, he may be in a position to let us know. It should not be a mystery.

I did go ahead and lease a 4th plane yesterday, I have yet to notice any changes in my maintenance cost. Maybe I fail to see it or maybe it takes a while to kick in, I don’t know.

All I know is that I have yet to see where I am being impacted and it would be nice to know before further damage is inflicted.

As official information:

Every additional category (starting with the 4th) will add 15 percentage points to every maintenance bill.

For the numbers of categories, all aircraft count that available in your fleet. If they aren't yet delivered or put up for sale on the market, they don't count. But if you have aircraft sitting around with no flight plan, those will still count towards your number of maintenance categories.

Glad to hear this. This gives me clarity on the official position. It would have been my suggested solution too!

Now, I can plan for such a penalty with reliable knowledge.

Thank you everyone.

As official information:

Let me just ask one more question.  :D  :P 

Assuming I added the 4th category aircraft and got hit with the 15% penalty, will adding a 5th also be billed at a flat 15% penalty OR would the 5th be billed at 15% on top of the original 15%?? I was reading a submission by Yukawa and he seems to be saying that each extra category after the 3rd would add 15% on top of the existing rate - in other words, 4th category will be 15% more expensive to maintain, then 5th category would be 30% more expensive to maintain, and a 6th category would now be 45% more expensive to maintain? Does it work this way???

No, it's just 15 percentage points for every additional category.

So with 4 categories, every maintenance bill will be multiplied with 115%.

With 5 categories, it would be multiplied with 130%.

For 6 categories, it would be 145%...

:)

Thanks for the information. This is what was referred to by Yukawa - increases of 15% by the 4th category, 30% by the 5th category and 45% by the 6th category. 

It makes sense.