Connecting flights

Hi everyone.

Is it possible to know for connecting passengers where they originate/ where they are going?

Thanks a lot,

Edbo

Unfortunately, there is no way to know.

Jan

Not really.

Theoretically, you could perhaps keep track of every traffic distribution within three connection points of the flight in question and continually check it every few minutes to see if it changes and note when it changes to determine where the traffic is coming from and (maybe) through which airline.

But in reality, no.

But would be a very nice feature...or at least of display of the estimated gains of one Interlining, because it is really hard to judge how much connecting passengers an Interlining really generates...

But would be a very nice feature...or at least of display of the estimated gains of one Interlining, because it is really hard to judge how much connecting passengers an Interlining really generates...

you can see interlining passenger on flight detail in route management

From ext. feeder

From own feeder

To ext. connection

To own connection

from ext feeder and to ext connection are interlining passengers

you can see interlining passenger on flight detail in route management

I know that, but I'm talking about passengers/gains from a certain Interlining, with company X. Of course you can check how many passengers you get from all Interlinings on a certain flight, but it is nearly impossible to know from which company (except if you are only interlining with one company at this airport) and from which flights...

I think this sort of thing has been brought up before, and it was ruled out because it would be such a heavy load to the server. So unless the number of players is drastically reduced or the number of airports is drastically reduced, this is improbable. Unless, of course, AS gets a really really powerful server but god knows how expensive would that be :D

I'm not sure 'From External Feeder' or 'To External Connection' necessarily means interlining partner. They may appear there if it is a full transfer, between carriers that are not interlining partners. It might be, but it might not be for all I know.

I'm not sure 'From External Feeder' or 'To External Connection' necessarily means interlining partner. They may appear there if it is a full transfer, between carriers that are not interlining partners. It might be, but it might not be for all I know.

...how can you get passengers from airlines that you don't interline?

...how can you get passengers from airlines that you don't interline?

Huh. I actually thought a passenger could book through two non-interlining companies at a very high cost to ORS rating. I picked a far-away airport from my hub, one that would take at least one, most likely, two transfers and did a search in the ORS. Even at ORS ratings near -99, I could only find flights with my airline connecting to interlining partners.

You learn something new every day.