Connection Tracker Tool

Ok so I think it would be great if we could not only see the number of passengers that are coming from/going to a connecting flight, but actually see where they are going. This would help us see where are passengers are connecting to through our respective hubs and help us better manage our airlines in my opinion.

I agree.

As was said numerous times (I am wondering why these days nobody uses a search function), this is impossible at the moment because there is no tracking of booking. Once demand calculation is performed, passengers are distributed and that's it. there is no more record of where they come from or where they go to. That's why it is impossible to see that information. Storing that information would require so huge database arrays (and processing power to write and later retrieve that data) that this is beyond the possibilities of the current servers. Imagine... demand calculation is done every 10-15-20 seconds. All that data would need to be stored. Daunting task.

As was said numerous times (I am wondering why these days nobody uses a search function), this is impossible at the moment because there is no tracking of booking. Once demand calculation is performed, passengers are distributed and that's it. there is no more record of where they come from or where they go to. That's why it is impossible to see that information. Storing that information would require so huge database arrays (and processing power to write and later retrieve that data) that this is beyond the possibilities of the current servers. Imagine... demand calculation is done every 10-15-20 seconds. All that data would need to be stored. Daunting task.

Invent a new super server :ph34r:

It’s also the reason that a passenger travelling A-B-C-D will still make their C-D segment if one of the previous segments were cancelled. While I admit, I’d like to see the individual data for a specific passenger on a specific flight, it’s really because it would be cool to see, not because it will affect my business. What would be useful is a distribution report from the originating airport for the last calculation, similar to a one-way PDEW (passengers daily each way) report, but then everybody would just schedule flights according to the report, exacerbating the slot consumption issues.

Yeah but even for A-B on a report you would not know how many traveled A-B, A-X1-B, A-X2-BB, A-X3-B, A-X4-Y1-B, etc.

And then, if there are strong hubs at X1 and X2, it would make no sense to post data for A-X1 and A-X2, if the pax continue on to B1, B2, B3 etc.

You would be getting on the level of detailed DOT transtats. And that would be huge amount of data to collect, process, and then display through queries.

It's quite fun to guess which previous connection your customers come fun... But I do think it's too data-intensive to display all the combination of routes that connection passengers might come from.

Yeah but even for A-B on a report you would not know how many traveled A-B, A-X1-B, A-X2-BB, A-X3-B, A-X4-Y1-B, etc.

And then, if there are strong hubs at X1 and X2, it would make no sense to post data for A-X1 and A-X2, if the pax continue on to B1, B2, B3 etc.

You would be getting on the level of detailed DOT transtats. And that would be huge amount of data to collect, process,a nd then provide through queries.

I was envisioning a simplified report that would just state a number, or that someone is travelling from A-B, disregarding the specific route taken as the route is usually unique to a carrier and would therefore be giving me some insight to my competition’s operations. I assume the number and city pairing is already generated during the calculation, before being sent to the ORS to determine the route, so it stands to reason that it could be copied to somewhere that gets overwritten every 24 hours. Admittedly, I have zero background in databases or programming, so I don’t know if it’s possible or even consistent with the purpose of the game.

However, I’m pretty sure that I’d take the information and schedule a direct flight. If I would do it, it’s likely that others would too leading to more flights being scheduled and undermining the intended hub-spoke system.