Cuba / USA travel

Hello

The last thread I could find on this subject was from May 2017. At that time it was noted the difficulty in modeling the type of demand that may be created by the opening of the market between the US and Cuba. Direct flights from what I read have been occurring since 2016.

It was also noted that there was no real data available yet to show what the actual demand is or may be. However we are now 2 years out from then and I was reading that the US accounts for nearly 10% of foreign travelers to Cuba some 140,000 a year in one article I read. Is it not possible to begin to model based on some of these figures yet ? Since the current model does not have booking classes or take tourism in to account the US restrictions are moot at this point only the demand is the issue - unless I am not understanding the previous posts on this at all.

Cheers

Demand updates are planned for this year and ideally we’ll start to introduce them in 2Q2019. So it should only be a few more months and we can get rid of the Cuba-USA restrictions as well.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the update. I look forward to the planned changes.

Have a great day.