Decline in SLF

I have experience a decline rapidly in the seat load factors. I had a LF of 92% then down to 79% and back up as I recovers to 82%. Pic expect to make 17% profit and as I only have 8 planes including two on order that is around 650,000 so one plane every 2.5 weeks. E190

Did you experience a decline in SLF by 12% in one week.

That´s called competition.

Competition has stayed the same I think.

that is extremely unlikely as depending on the server, there are between 200 and 1200 other players and a few thousand other companies out there. Doubtful, neither one of them has done anything in the last week.

Especially on Aspern competition is starting to kick in. The first few markets become saturated, the major airports are out of slots and not every new flight will automatically be fully booked anymore. The supply/demand equation is slowly but steadily shifting towards the supply side.

All that hasn´t really been a problem in the first three or so months. Now, however, a new era had begun and the first companies will start going under until only the ones with a solid business model remain.

Good for me! Every other major Asian airport expet NRT (I am based) has red slots. NRT is amber currently. 50%

Good for me! Every other major Asian airport expet NRT (I am based) has red slots. NRT is amber currently. 50%

Not something to announce on the forums, just for future reference. ;)

Anyone based around NRT want to do a joint venture? I hear NRT has 50% slot availability and I have the funds to take those slots up!

(I kid of course!)

in Thailand(BKK) Competition satiation going to harder and more like a dumping pricing  strategic , Slot Taken to Block Competitor

ToT 

I have seen a lot of price dumping for sure it seems in a few areas.

I have personally seen a new airline come in trying to disrupt the "established" carriers by dumping price (or adding an absurd number of frequencies on a route that is already well served). It's becoming harder to fill planes on the thinner routes as demand is satisfied, so people are clawing to fill seats.

What I find interesting is that AGEX is pretty high right now. Will be interesting if we get a nice sized drop. That's one of the reasons I am not adding additional frequency or large upgauging (like from CR7 to 738) of some of my thinner routes (that I'm still filling to 100% easily)

I am curious to see who drops out when the AGEX drops. Will clear up the market for sure.

I have been waiting for this day for so long. It's time to free up those slots from the less competitive companies.

Well tnyuen, if someone drops in the EU you will replace him immediately. Your balance sheet must be awesome!

Well tnyuen, if someone drops in the EU you will replace him immediately. Your balance sheet must be awesome!

No worries I am just sticking to France at this moment. Too lazy to establish new hub :)

No worries I am just sticking to France at this moment. Too lazy to establish new hub :)

Focus on a hub until it is full. Open 2nd hub, first one has a collapsed competitor, fill those from planes at hub two. Rinse repeat? There are not many airports as good as CDG in europe. FRA and LHR have time slot restrictions…

something tells me, tynuen knows what he's doing.

shhh... don't let my competitors know :) :)

Maybe your 47x 747i are a bit obviously or your 68x 737 ... but's just a guess ;)

Back to topic: my Cargo load factor also declined by more than 20 % in the past weeks.