"Defunct Enterprises"

AS - it would be great if we could easily see the name and history of airlines going bankrupt? i.e. a bankruptcy register?

It would list their assets, routes, aircraft returned to lessors. In real life this would happen.

Also - what happens to leased aircraft when an airline goes bankrupt? Do they get returned to market?

thanks

DB

y

They get returned to AS, and IIRC they are released onto the market steadily, not all at once.

Totally agree with your point on bankruptcy information.

I suspect that would be a lot of useless data to be stored if their routes and assets are gonna be available for us to "check up".

But at least, providing the name of the airline would be nice on the statistics page...

That's a lot stuff. Listing the defunct airlines by name only may be an option. But I can tell you from the data I can see, this won't be interesting at all, as there are many one-day airlines etc.

The used aircraft will (if leased) returned and if bought sold to the airlinesim aircraft trader. If the aircraft is not part of the immediate delivery program, it will be offered on the aircraft market again somewhen.

That's a lot stuff. Listing the defunct airlines by name only may be an option. But I can tell you from the data I can see, this won't be interesting at all, as there are many one-day airlines etc.

The used aircraft will (if leased) returned and if bought sold to the airlinesim aircraft trader. If the aircraft is not part of the immediate delivery program, it will be offered on the aircraft market again somewhen.

What I think would be interesting is to see airlines that existed for a few weeks or longer, what their hub was and roughly how big ( many airplanes or total assets ) they were.

Could also be interesting to see what the cause of the bankruptcy was ( insolvency, owning entity went bankrupt or inactivity ).

For those airlines that closed down due to inactivity it could be interesting to see the biggest shareholder get asked if they are interested in taking over management of the airline to prevent a bankruptcy.

i think, it should have shown at least some details of that defunct enterprises.

a lot of times when you have received mails that you 'xxx airlines' went bankrupt and IL is effected but you actually have no idea where

was the airline based at, so you could not find a new partner at that base promptly. 

I have found a useful tool: if airline was active for at least couple of weeks, google will sure have found a way to it. So Do a search for it on google, and then go to "Cached" view. You will be able to see the snapshot as Google saw it couple of weeks ago. I have seen cached pages 1 week to 3 months old. Some of them even cached on multiple occasions.