Do passenger loads increase on routes?

Hello to you all!

This is my first post here having stumbled across airline sim through Google.

I was wondering if the passenger loads of our first few flights (first two days) are representative of that routes passenger load or do the loads increase as more virtual passengers fly and spread the word of the airline?

I ask as I’m suffering with some poor loads (20-50%) despite having 3-4 green bars dependant upon class. I have setup my airline with two ATR-72 aircraft feeding domestic passengers to the country capital and one A319 and an A321 flying to several other European capital city destinations. Have I made a beginners mistake?

Thanks for reading!

airline?

server?

and to start in europe is a mistake

Thanks for taking the time to reply…

Airline - Polska Airways

Server - STAPLETON

I do have a second on the go in the US - Pan World Cargo.

I find that the first few days tend to have some "pent up demand" and after a few days, demand stabilizes… until something else (a new competitor, a lowered fare, etc) throws it out of whack…

your green bars don’t give you great loads - those depend on a number of things, a few of which are:

Actual demand on the route

Your price

Classes offered

Onboard service offered

Your connections

Any competitors flying the same route

-and their connections

Perhaps you need to diversify your onward connections that your ATRs feed pax to.

Hi,

Let’s assume you fly from airport A to your hub. Then the first condition to get passengers is that passengers want to fly that route. Either because…

… they want to travel between airport A and your hub,

… they arrive at airport A with your interlining partner and continue with your flight to your hub,

… they fly from airport A to your hub and then continue their journey with another plane.

Keep in mind that passengers always prefer a direct flight. You may fly to London and to Moscow. But if there is a direct flight between London and Moscow, passengers will prefer that direct flight (unless that direct flight has a lower rating than your combined flights). So a good hub should have routes to big airports that send and attract a lot of passengers, plus routes to smaller airports that are not directly served by these big airports.

Now let’s assume there are indeed passengers wanting to fly between airport A and your hub. These passengers will compare the different possibilities. And that’s where the green bars come in ;)

Basically, it is the price performance ratio that decides whether passengers like your flight or not. The price performance ratio is the total or average of the different product factors. On a competitive route, your price performance ratio should ideally have 5 green bars. A high rating (5 green bars for price performance ratio) will give you a bigger share of the passengers on that route. A low rating will get you a small percentage of the passengers.

Two remarks… if there is a lot of demand on a certain route, a small share may still be a fully booked plane. If there is little demand, it may result in an empty plane. And in my philosophy, every route is a competitive route. You may be the only airline flying between Warsaw and Gdansk. But there may be an airline flying between Gdansk and Amsterdam. If his flights have a higher rating, passengers from Gdansk who want to travel to London or Moscow will prefer to fly via Amsterdam.

Jan