Do you name your planes?

I did this with one of my airlines in the past, what I did was make classes

For example

CR7 = spirit so Spirit of Vancouver

CS1 = princess so Vancouver Princess or Princess of Vancouver

748 = Queen so Queen of Vancouver

Makes it possible to re-use place names. It was a bit of work of course, but I liked it.

Hello fellow canuck

I too have used something similar, but in fleet naming

BC Clippers are my short range 800km or less crowd, Alta Clippers etc…

I tried to name individual planes but you get so many i gave up

Spirit and Queen makes me think of the BC. ferry fleet.

Cheers

Hello fellow canuck

I too have used something similar, but in fleet naming

BC Clippers are my short range 800km or less crowd, Alta Clippers etc…

I tried to name individual planes but you get so many i gave up

Spirit and Queen makes me think of the BC. ferry fleet.

Cheers

Yeah that’s what I based it on originally. I live in BC so it was a pretty obvious place to start.

I like some of these ideas 

I personally like to name my aircraft in relation to the country they operate, say after rivers or something. 

Currently my IncaJet aircraft are named after Peru's highest peaks; e.g (Huascaran, Ausangate, Yerupaja) 

Just bought another A319 for my Toronto-based airline. The assigned registration is C-ABBA. All my A-319/321s are named after Canadian cities, so C-ABBA had to become "City of Waterloo".

My CRJs are named after famous Canadians and my 787s after Canadian rivers or lakes.

Used to run an airline in Russia and named all the aircraft after Russian Cosmonauts. Spent a *lot* of (good) educational time on Wikipedia because of this  :) . 

Nowadays, I prefer to label (in the "Note" field) the routes of all my aircraft (e.g. VIE / FRA / PRN / STR*, where the * points out an irregular - non daily - schedule) - similar as to what Matth has posted earlier in this thread.

I name my planes. Sometimes it's a joke with my friends, or a joke about the cities it serves, but mostly I let my friends on Snapchat and Instagram name them. As of now I have

• Billy Jean
  • Buckwheat
  • Sassafras
  • Bubba
  • Fella'
  • Cletus the Fetus
  • Dr. PumpeeMonkee
  • SarBear
  • What is Cuda
  • Real Riverside Sh*tshow Express (mate if this breaks rules tell me)

They don't have any meaning. In the personal notes I put the aircraft's base airport. I have 9 at DAL and 1 at ONT.

I used to do that with a smaller start-up in temporary game worlds. It's manageable for a 100-aircraft fleet. But now I have over 1100, what I do is to number them by certain rules. E.g. Boeing 737-8Max, block 1, the code for the block is M, so  3MA,3MB,3MC...

My personal little interest is to label the special mark of the fleet and then I'll name them. E.g. 1st aircraft: Enterprise; Since this game is all about being happy achieving the dreamed airline world, I had a  special livery fleet.

I have an aircraft with the reg RP-C0666. I named it "Number of the Beast" :D