Does AGEX affect staff mood?

I've noticed that since AGEX dived from 1100 to 850 on Quimby that my Staff's mood has gone from +1 to -3..

Is this related? and what is the fix, do I need to raise salaries?

No, that has nothing in common. To increase staff mood you should pay more ;)

No, that has nothing in common. To increase staff mood you should pay more ;)

What exactly does the drop in AGEX affect then?

Numbers of passengers travelling. When your company grow larger, you will probably see (you WILL see), a decrease in your income, when AGEX gets low.

Numbers of passengers travelling. When your company grow larger, you will probably see (you WILL see), a decrease in your income, when AGEX gets low.

Is this based on something? Or just random "event"? I am after cancelling 20 planes because of it, as I'm no longer able to afford anything.... Sick of this game to be frank.

Is this based on something? Or just random "event"? I am after cancelling 20 planes because of it, as I'm no longer able to afford anything.... Sick of this game to be frank.

There is some proprietary code that controls it. This assists in making the sim more similar to real life. You have to handle your airline the same as you would in real life.

@Fly High: Just a small tip. Get rid of your LET410 and ATR72-500F. You only have a couple of them and by deleting them from your fleet you will save two times 15% on your total maintenance budget. Thats a couple of million easy win every week! If you can't get rid of the planes you own (1x ATR72 and 2x LET410), just let me know.

And you might consider replacing your A319 and A320 for B737-700 or-800 to save on another maintenance category. And the same stories goes for your Embraer fleet. Consider replacing them for Bombardiers CRJ's. (and thus save up to 60% on your maintenance costs!! This can be the difference between profit and loss every week)