ERJ versus Dash 8?

okay, so currently I have three 39 seet Dash 8's in my fleet. I'm thinking about replacing them with the ERJ, however I want to know which one do you think is better? So far the differences I can tell are:

ERJ: Models have smaller seat capacity (I don't need the higher models in the Dash 8 fleet as I also have Canadair regional jets)

Dash 8: Cheaper, but older

Do you mean the 37-seat ERJ135? I think that such small regional-jets are rather difficult aircraft and far less efficient compared to a Dash 8-100/-200.

Try "Aircraft type evaluation" in the drop-down menu for Fleet Management. It can provide some useful comparisons between the different types of aircraft on specific routes, such as profitability and costs.

I agree that the Dash-8s seem to be much more efficient and economical of the two types.

I agree with everyone else the Dash 8's are a better option, more efficient, easier to acquire cheap leases and fast turnaround times. And also if you already have the CRJs why not just get some CRJ-100s or 200s because they share the same maintenance category. 

I agree with everyone else the Dash 8's are a better option, more efficient, easier to acquire cheap leases and fast turnaround times. And also if you already have the CRJs why not just get some CRJ-100s or 200s because they share the same maintenance category. 

Unfortunately, he has ERJ's (Embraer); otherwise, that's a great idea.

okay, so currently I have three 39 seet Dash 8's in my fleet. I'm thinking about replacing them with the ERJ, however I want to know which one do you think is better? So far the differences I can tell are:

ERJ: Models have smaller seat capacity (I don't need the higher models in the Dash 8 fleet as I also have Canadair regional jets)

Dash 8: Cheaper, but older

Unfortunately, he has ERJ's (Embraer); otherwise, that's a great idea.

He says he has Canadair regional jets as well as the and Dash 8s.

He says he has Canadair regional jets as well as the and Dash 8s.

I only have CRJs, Dash 8's and BAe 146s currently.

I'd just add a note, In the country where I am operating (Colombia) some of the runways are too short for Dash-8's. Something you may like to check in your area.

I only have CRJs, Dash 8's and BAe 146s currently.

At the moment you already have 3 maintenance categories so i would suggest getting some CRJ 200s or 200s instead of the ERJs as they are more economical than the ERJ imo, this would also decrease how many maintenance categories you have down to two.

ERJ is in different category with Embarer Jets, while all CRJ is in same category. Definately go for the CRJs