First & Business Class PAX Demand on Routes

When setting up a route is there a way to determine if there is a demand for first and business class pax?  I would hate to setup an airplane with those seats and there is no demand or the demand is very low as to not even bother with it.

It really depends in the markets you serve. In my experience, the demand for First Class is rather weak - too weak for me to justify First Class. I prefer to offer Business Class and Economy Class but the number of seats in the Business Clss ist much lower compared to the Economy Class. For example my A320s have 144 seats: 16 Business and 128 Economy and my MD-87 provide 20 Business and 89 Economy for a total of 109.

Regards

It really depends in the markets you serve. In my experience, the demand for First Class is rather weak - too weak for me to justify First Class.

My loads in F are almost always 100%.

That´s fine! How many F-seats are in your planes?

Usually between 4-8.

8 F seats (the best F seat) on my 739s.

Thanks! I am considering the installation of a First Class on selected flights aboard my 757s but I fear that demand won´t be big enough.

My experience is other - at least in middle east the first class demand is high. I serve quite short routes so far, and thus use smaller seats (business basic) for 1st, at under 1500 km the 1st class considers them ok. I generally provide 4-8 1st class and 6-10 business class seats (EcoPlus) on my 73G and 738s. On my second venture on other server, I now assigned 10/16/146 to the 321s, would see how that works out 

As a rule of thumb I reckon demand is about 10% business seats and 1% first class.

My daily flights to Ireland are full in economy, but only have 1 or 2 people in business, just depends on the location really.

My daily flights to Ireland are full in economy, but only have 1 or 2 people in business, just depends on the location really.

May be you should check out the rating of your business class for that route in ORS and know what is happening. Do also check out frequently with your competitors which they may affect you in your LSF. Good luck!  :)

I don't really have any competitors, they're all interlined with me-Maybe because I fly to the same destinations is causing the passenger drop

I don't really have any competitors, they're all interlined with me-Maybe because I fly to the same destinations is causing the passenger drop

They have interlining contract with you does not mean that they are not your competitors, it just means that your network is connected with your interlining partners. In other word, if you have poor eco or business class seats, passengers will also choose to have the better seat in stead of poor rating seat.