Flight not filling up while I'm the only operator

Hi,

I’ve got a bit of a strange problem… I’m the only operator running a flight from AMS to LED (I’m based in AMS). My pax ratings are 4 and 5 for economy and business and my overall rating in ORS is 81. I cut down my price already by 10% but still I only get like a 30% economy load. I’m using an Airbus A220-300 for the flight with an adjusted service profile for > 1500km flights.

What could be the cause of this? Do I need a higher ORS rating? Better connections?

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Kind regards,

Dan

Without knowing your airline or server, usually low loads are caused by competing flights, which includes connections. Even if you are the only one offering a direct flight, you are still competing with connections between AMS and LED by other airlines.

You can check the ORS. At the top of the page you’ll see a message, that shows you the total number of connections for a given city pair. If you check the “Ignore full and ineligible connections” option on the left side, you will then see the total valid connections you are competing with. You may get the majority of the demand for your direct flight, but if you are competing with 200 other connecting flights (for example), your absolute number of passengers ends up being low.

Build you hub and pay attention to create geographically useful connections.

According to the ORS there are 8 connections for the route AMS - LED.

My airline is Royal Blue Airlines on the new Otto server.

I will build my hub and try to expand my connections, hopefully that’ll help improve the flight.

Thank you for your reply.

There is simply not enough direct demand between AMS and LED.

First of all you have to consider that all the demand is reduced at the start of a new game world.
Then I see that you don’t have a wave system, so there are no transfer passengers on your flights to LED.

If you schedule your flights in a way that passengers from the other airports of western Europe can change to your LED flight you might be able to fill your aircraft.

And regarding price changes: Consider that the flights that are already in the ORS are not affected by this change. So you have to wait 3 days until your rating is improving