How do people have $50+million in aircraft already?

Is there some loophole being exploited? Not exactly sure what the point of a new server is when the same thing happens as on every other server.

cheap chairs with high faires in business class ;)

And many of them. Fitting 100% C seats (Slimline HD) into a plane during server startup is a logical consequence of the current flight rating system, even more so with C fares being increased. AS team seems to see no problem with that, so I guess you have to live with it.

Let's see, there must be some way to charge business fares for cargo... ;)

Not fair at all....

Plenty of players are trying to play in a realistic way, and we have this bunch of people who buy dozens of LET, Antonov or other, with ridiculous configurations; consequences ? fast development of their airlines,  some of them already own 50 aircrafts and some airports already have almost 80% of their slots taken ! they are RUINING the game, this is just unfair !

I played in several game worlds, and I waited a new one for so long ; I planned what I wanted to do, the destinations... and now, from a day to another, I realise I won't be able to do what I wanted to ; I am in CGK, and for example, was planning two daily flights to LHR and one to PEK, all of them already full by almost 80% ; by the time I get the money to buy an aircraft capable of flying there, there won't be any free slot ! that's for sure;

I think I am just going to delete my airline and start a new one in the middle of nowhere where I won't be pissed off by these players and their busy hubs.
Not fair at all....

Plenty of players are trying to play in a realistic way, and we have this bunch of people who buy dozens of LET, Antonov or other, with ridiculous configurations; consequences ? fast development of their airlines,  some of them already own 50 aircrafts and some airports already have almost 80% of their slots taken ! they are RUINING the game, this is just unfair !

I played in several game worlds, and I waited a new one for so long ; I planned what I wanted to do, the destinations... and now, from a day to another, I realise I won't be able to do what I wanted to ; I am in CGK, and for example, was planning two daily flights to LHR and one to PEK, all of them already full by almost 80% ; by the time I get the money to buy an aircraft capable of flying there, there won't be any free slot ! that's for sure;

I think I am just going to delete my airline and start a new one in the middle of nowhere where I won't be pissed off by these players and their busy hubs.

Then you should not start in the new game world at all. Go on a matured server and find a medium/small empty airport in the USA / Europe / Wherever. If you put some effort in your schedule you'll be able to offer the best connections (yes, even compared to the massive big airlines).

There is one catch. You'll have to start very small with CRJ700 or smaller and build you way up the more transfer passengers you get (again the right schedule is key). Exploit the new cabin configurator. The new seats offer various strategies!

You wont be able to start with A321/737 though, thats for sure.

Now is the time to start in the old worlds as most people are focusing on Aspern or struggeling with their seating configuration and their massive airlines on the old servers.

Your choice.

Im not complaining about my airline :) I did start with some small aircrafts as you said, made them connect and all ; ( but thanks for the advices anyway )

my worries are about the future, because, as I and some people have said, there are some players who, by using this new configuration tool, are making a lot of money and taking a lot of slots : it's not normal at all, from my point of view, that some majors hubs like LHR are already 80% full one month only after the game started !

This means that whatever you do, there are some airports in the world that you won't be able to fly to, only because of these people ; and I don't think that's fair :)

This does not come as a surprise, when you see for example an airline operating 50+ LETs on LHR after two weeks. Totally unrealistic by the way. I think that AS should perhaps increase landing fees even more to prevent this... Just an idea... For the simple reason that I have read in different threads that operating such aircrafts (ie LET) within such airports (ie LHR) wasn't going to be profitable anymore.. Well this statement has been proven wrong, 50+ LETs on LHR seem to be highly profitable so far..

50+ LETs on LHR seem to be highly profitable so far..

uhmm....no. The ATE-Tool confirms that. The only way they can make money is through the high prices that can be used only at this early stage. It is absolutely the most stupid way to play. You burn money with all those pilots you have to train and it does not end there. 

What happens when you want to use bigger planes, will you re-train or hire new and fire the old pilots? 

This is the "headless chicken strategy"! 

I charge 5% higher than default price and use standard seats for economy-not to mention the in-flight service, I could charge them something crazy like 30% more but this post is right, I would be ruining the game.

As a good friend told me: "I play against the game, not other airlines" 

The only way they can make money is through the high prices that can be used only at this early stage. It is absolutely the most stupid way to play. 

I fly tiny ATR's at a major american airport (DCA) and can achieve a 30% profit margin on 5% above the standard prices, not too difficult-It's the jets that burn money

Forexlive is correct. In the long run, it's not the way to run an airline. What ES and other like-minded airlines are after is the money. AS$ is key. Money allows you to do a lot of things in the game, but even that has it's drawbacks. There's a reason ES isn't on the older servers.

Forexlive is correct. In the long run, it's not the way to run an airline. What ES and other like-minded airlines are after is the money. AS$ is key. Money allows you to do a lot of things in the game, but even that has it's drawbacks. There's a reason ES isn't on the older servers.

Glad to hear that, hope you all are right and this won't last ; 

Forexlive this seems right in the long term. In the meantime however I must say that these sort of strategies are kind of unfair. Just to stick with that same example that has been mentioned earlier, when a subsidiary with over 50 LET at Heathrow generates the kind of profits described, and its holding now has over ten Boeings (including 3x 787) and growing at this pace, it has enough cash to replace its LET with larger aircrafts without bothering about slots. While I must admit that this may not be the case, well if it is, it looks to me like a disguised slots reservation system. And this is what I find unfair.

In no way my post should be interpreted as flaming, I am a newbie and have to learn alot. I am just giving my impression derived from a newbie perspective. I do indeed hope as well that you are right.

I think there were discussions about charging for slots and have a "slot-market". There are other airline simulations that have concepts like this, even I do not think they are well implemented.

In the end, everyone could apply the described strategy, which in turn would just be a similar as starting AS with 200 mil. AS$ start capital.

it looks to me like a disguised slots reservation system. And this is what I find unfair.

I agree 100%. Not sure if reporting this player will help. However, I think 90% of those players grow without a clear plan or vision. This will lead to their bankruptcy sooner or later but until then, they are a very annoing breed to deal with. Follow the currently biggest guy on Aspern, for case in point. AGEX is very high right now and I'll be happy to see him struggle when the downtrend begins. His decision to use the An158, small 736 and now the CRJ speaks for itself....no plan whatsoever, Just the benefit of the early game world....I dont blame him though.

Follow the currently biggest guy on Aspern

Who just so happens to be a member of Earth Stand.

Kinda funny how things repeat themselves. Meanwhile, at least on Gatow, ES members are dying off left and right.

I am strongly opposed to the idea that you have to be an ES member to efficiently adapt to changing economic situations.

Well, according to their track record, they can NOT adapt to changing economic situations. They always blossom whenever a new server starts, but once that server matures they start dying off. Case in point: Gatow.

Oh Earth stand, always a bundle of fun to play on the same server with.

earth stan.png

Well, according to their track record, they can NOT adapt to changing economic situations. They always blossom whenever a new server starts, but once that server matures they start dying off. Case in point: Gatow.

Is it dying off, or is it going to a new (Aspern) server? 

The ones I have recently seen turn belly up on Gatow didn´t start again on Aspern (unless they start under a different user name), they just simply went bankrupt for various reasons.