How long before we can acquire a loan?

Hey!

I've been playing for a few days now and have been making a solid amount of progress, full loadfactors on most of my flights and have been making solid money. Along with my week-end closing this Thursday, I will be paying my aircraft lease payments. I have enough money to pay every charge that will hit me that day, so I'm hoping it will be a good opportunity to show the banks I'm making money. I have full right green bars on all of my Financial Ratings, so my question is how long until I can start taking out loans?

Will I have the ability to, along with my updated credit score, on Thursday after my lease payments and closings?

No, if you read the forums you would have known. Generally you need to have 10 million invested in flight equipment (owned aircraft and seats) until you can take out loans and even at those levels the loans are at about 300,000AS$. But loans get higher the more you invest.

By the way, interesting how you form the question with "we".

No, if you read the forums you would have known. Generally you need to have 10 million invested in flight equipment (owned aircraft and seats) until you can take out loans and even at those levels the loans are at about 300,000AS$. But loans get higher the more you invest.

By the way, interesting how you for the question with “we”.

Thanks! I searched the forums and couldn’t find much.

And we xD

a simple rule of thumb: when you can get a loan, usually you don't need it..

alright, thanks! I'm starting to find that with leasing and the world being completely credit-based anyways that I should be cool without them anyways xD

I beg to differ. I understand your point that when one can get them one can usually survive without them but my strategy is built around quick expansion and overwhelming the competitors. Thereby rescue loans and loans are a big part of my strategy.

Hey, I just noticed your tag. Founded less than a year ago, your airline has grown really fast. I'm impressed; is an airline this size typical of less than a year of gameplay?

I beg to differ. I understand you point that when one can get them one can usually survive without them but my strategy is built around quick expansion and overwhelming the competitors. Thereby rescue loans and loans are a big part of my strategy.

Well, when I get big enough I'll look into that ;)

Well, when I get big enough I'll look into that ;)

Nothing says you can't get rescue loans at this stage but they are very risky and if you don't know what you are doing they will kill you.

Nothing says you can't get rescue loans at this stage but they are very risky and if you don't know what you are doing they will kill you.

"The lenders do not consider loan requests from this enterprise to be appropriate at this time."

Rescue loans have nothing to do.with that but MIGHT be granted if you can not pay salaries

"The lenders do not consider loan requests from this enterprise to be appropriate at this time."[/size]

Those are simple loans. You get rescue loans if you cant pay your week-end closing.

How/when can you get a loan?

Is there a minimum equity?

20 million

But the loans you get theb are small and the interests make it rather expensive.

A loan is not the way to go unless you really know what you are doing.

20M is not a fixed threshold. I have equity of almost 50M and still can't get a penny. (one company is at 96M in equity and still no loan available)

If you have securities (aircraft, terminals) then you definitely qualify for loans.

But in general, once you get one, you’re most likely not needing it anymore.

My airline is currently past 40M in equity and I can’t get one either.

So 20M is definitely not the magical number.

I guess there is no magical number. As Matth said, even with 50 M in equity, you might not be granted.

It was my understanding there is, however, you have toncheck the balance carefully as not all positions count towards the securities considered for a loan

So I would like to chamge my statement from “20 million in equity” to “20 mikkion in accepted securities”

Please search the board for accepted positions

Purchased aircraft, terminals and seats count as accepted equity to qualify for loans. Aircraft deposits and cash in bank do not.

By the way, interesting how you form the question with "we".

I honestly don't get the hostility in your post. Search functions in forums are extremely unreliable, and there's no way we're going to scroll through the entire forum. And you don't like how the guy phrased the post?

Doesn't sound like a welcoming community, here at the AirlineSim forums. Do you really want this place to be even less active than it is? Because it certainly seems like that. 

At least you answered his question I guess....

I honestly don't get the hostility in your post. Search functions in forums are extremely unreliable, and there's no way we're going to scroll through the entire forum. And you don't like how the guy phrased the post?

Doesn't sound like a welcoming community, here at the AirlineSim forums. Do you really want this place to be even less active than it is? Because it certainly seems like that. 

At least you answered his question I guess....

Be ready for sarcasm and a sense of superiority from some of the moderators and other members...