Idlewild extremly slow - no connection?

Is anybody else facing this issue?

I already had a proxy error message 5 minutes ago, now it takes ages to build up the page - and a friend received also an error message.

Same here. Page cannot be loaded and Idlewild dashboard is red.

Game status is currently red for officially? 13 minutes.

I have been experiencing issues with Idlewild for several months now, same as other players, we reported it. Maybe this is the culmination of the issues.?

Stuck on calculation right before Phoenix, AZ

But according to game status, some processes ran at 15:23 UTC, yet Phoneix' demand calculation at 15:02 UTC did not complete.

Also, the "past due" red minutes are very slow, 1 minute taking 3 real life minutes...? And the server says it's 15:32 UTC, while it is 15:39 IRL.

Very strange indeed.

UdXfAIu.png

I have also reported issues with other servers like Aspern - unfortunately, no response so far. Hopefully the server is not ceasing away.

15:40 UTC the red dashboard (circle) on airlinesim turned into green one, server time is now correct and the as of 15:42 UTC all delay is back to all green game status.

I have also reported issues with other servers like Aspern - unfortunately, no response so far. Hopefully the server is not ceasing away.

Could be a memory or hard drive problem. The memory problem would be actually an easier one to solve and "better of the two" (unless there is a hard drive RAID system with hotswaps in place). Running live hard drive I/O speed tests at random times especially during heavy load would show if there is any degradation of hard drive performance.

The reason I haven't commented on this yet is pretty simple: ORS calculations on mature game world are simply becoming more and more intense as fewer and fewer players have larger and larger networks, connecting more and more of all the airports. As such, the problem size increases and, in some cases, hits the limit of what the server can handle memory-wise. My hopes are that the problem will be solved as a by-product of a large change we have scheduled for the end of the year. But until then, the minimal revenue we still gain from old game worlds doesn't warrant an upgrade to bigger servers. There might be a bit of fiddling with memory settings we can do, but I'm afraid there isn't too much we can do right now.

Thanks for the response Martin, it leaves me both concerned and excited LOL.

The problem reappeared today at the same time.

I don't know if it is the calculation of Phoenix or the city just before, causing the issue.

Could a solution be to move the calculation time of the city causing the issue, by several minutes or hours, into a time frame with more balanced load calculation (e.g. ehere fewer bigger cities are calculated around the same time)?

CpXR2Iz.png