Immediate Delivery Program

What do people think of the new change?

For info see below-

http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/5332-immediate-delivery-program/

When we introduces the new aircraft market last year it brought with it one tiny but important change we overlooked: If you start playing AirlineSim for the very first time with a brand-new airline, there is no way for you to get your hands on aircraft without a delay (when waiting for delivery of a new aircraft or for an auction) or without paying a premium (using immediate purchase). Before the aircraft market you could simply view a list of available used aircraft, buy or lease one of them and you were good to go. 

Since waiting for an hour or more before being able to actually do something is unsatisfactory, we have come up with the "Immediate Delivery Program". Here's the deal:

• When you found an enterprise for the first time in a game world, your account is granted a 10 million AS$ limit.
  • Every time you lease a built-to-order aircraft, its leasing deposit is deducted from that limit (you still have to pay it, though ;)).
  • As long as the limit is high enough to cover the deposit of a new order, the ordered aircraft will be immediately delivered (just imagine the manufacturers to maintain a large stock of white-tails for this purpose).
  • The limit applies to all your enterprises and holdings in the game world. When you have more than one holding or many subsidiaries, they all affect the single 10 million threshold of your account.
  • Aircraft that have been "immediately delivered" will not be placed on the aircraft market after an enterprise goes bankrupt or is deleted. Instead they will be deleted.
  • To make transition easy and to avoid any unfair advantages, each existing account will be equipped with the same 10 million limit. 
  • Newly founded enterprises will receive an in-game message on registration to inform them about the "program", existing accounts won't. A notice will show up on the order page as long as there's budget left for all enterprises, though.

As announced previously, this change will also debut with the launch of our next game world and will be deployed to existing game worlds shortly after.

It sounds great! It would greatly reduce the huge amount of second hand aircraft in the market caused by cease of business, and also prevent people cheating easily.

We can get extra AS$10 million. That's the point.  :D

We can get extra AS$10 million. That's the point.  :D

No, you don't. 

To clarify: You can lease new aircraft and as long as the total of leasing deposits remains fits below 10 million, immediate delivery is possible. Your budget to spend remains the same.

We can get extra AS$10 million. That's the point. :D

You won't get additional 10 Million AS$.

The start is the same like in the past. New is only a ‘background’ limit for immediate purchases. for every plane you want to lease your bank account will be charged. New is only the possibility to get a faster start.

edit: too late… but I had to read this new feature twice till I understand it.

"To make transition easy and to avoid any unfair advantages, each existing account will be equipped with the same 10 million limit."

Is it my problem to read this? Or your problem to translate from German to English?

It's a limit, not a "payment".

So, just to clarify... when I take advantage of this immediate delivery thingmy, will I be able to order as many aircraft as I can afford with the 10mil and they will all be delivered right away, or will I be able to order as many aircraft as I can afford and the first one will be delivered right away while the following ones have the normal delivery time?

So, just to clarify... when I take advantage of this immediate delivery thingmy, will I be able to order as many aircraft as I can afford with the 10mil and they will all be delivered right away, or will I be able to order as many aircraft as I can afford and the first one will be delivered right away while the following ones have the normal delivery time?

I suspect all within 10 mil will be delivered immediately

I suspect all within 10 mil will be delivered immediately

Correct. That could be one widebody, 3 narrow-bodies or quite a few more regio jets or props.

I like it.

What do people think of the new change?

Hi,

it sounds nice that new players will be able to start scheduling straight away.

On the other hand, having to wait 21 hours until your first plane is delivered, gives you the time to read the Wiki and go through the forum. But hey... we can now make our beginner's mistakes straight away and then restart the same day, instead of restarting the next day  ;-)

But seriously, I think it is a good idea.

Jan

But then all lease payments will be due at the same time as the weekly salary if the new players don’t space out the orders

But then all lease payments will be due at the same time as the weekly salary if the new players don't space out the orders

That won't be a problem because you can start earning right away.

That won't be a problem because you can start earning right away.

Or losing, in this case the newbie is suggested to reset :P

Or losing, in this case the newbie is suggested to reset :P

Yes, I guess that's essentially what it's about. AS involves a lot of trial and error, especially in the beginning. And this new feature will make these trials a lot less cumbersome. 

Martin,

Should we clear some free time for the new server start this weekend, or can we plan other things without missing it? :wink:

Arjen

Should we clear some free time for the new server start this weekend, or can we plan other things without missing it? ;-)

We would never start a game world on a week-end anyhow. But either way I think it will take another 2 weeks at least. I'm sure more details will emerge over the coming days.

Alright thanks for the fast reply Martin!

Will this be a per-holding spending limit? E.g. a holding in country A and holding in Country B, will both get the same 10million immediate delivery allowance?