IPO Question

This is my first time going IPO. I had my business up on Stapleton. The shares were about 67% sold and now it’s not listed. How long does something sit IPO for? When do I see that money in my account balance? Does it only last 24hrs?

Hi,

if you take your company to the stock market, potential buyers get two days to subscribe. After the Initial Public Offering is finished, your company disappears from the IPO list. Every 15 minutes or so, the server checks the stock market. I believe your company should show up on the stock market after that time. And when your company is listed on the stock market, it will also show on your balance and the money from the investors should be on your bank account.

Jan

You were very right. Thank you for that information. One last thing. How do I sell more shares if I want to? I’ve been digging around all over the place and when I see the Orders List area I’ve tried to put shares for sale but it keeps saying “Invalid price” or something like that. I’ve read about the 10% rule and have not exceeded that. I don’t understand why I’m unable.

If my airline has gone IPO must everything be done through the holdings company? Even when I try that I’m at no luck.

Hi,

the subsidiary does not own itself… it is the holding that owns 80% of the shares of your subsidiary. If the holding sells some of these shares, the money will go to the holding, not to the subsidiary.

The stock market works in strange ways. I mean that the real value of a share (balance value divided by the number of shares) is not always shown on the stock market. Every day around midnight the server calculates the value of your shares and the price is set to their real value. Then you should be able to buy/sell shares within a 10% margin of their indicated value.

Jan