Knowledge Base to Document the Game and Help Players

Hello,

So, I've been a subscriber on and off for 3 years. I've learned things here and there, but I am stil working on making a successful airline.  The things I've done wrong are plentiful, but learning from mistakes is a part of the game.  Now, I am writing because it seems as though documentation seriously lags game development.  A beginner is expected to learn from the forums and the wiki.  My problem with the forums is that you have to know what you are looking for first to be successful there.  My problem with the Wiki is that it doesn't seem to be updated (http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/8226-airline-sim-wiki/?hl=wiki).

I am asking for some information on what intentions are to support the game in terms of learning for new players or those trying to make it.

I have been stubborn in that I've stayed on one server (Stapleton) and have insisted on the futile endeavor of starting in North America and Europe for the most part.  However, I am not writing on my own behalf as much as I am writing to seek some clarity on how/whether the game will be documented in a way that allows for good information to reach players for learning and growth. 

Thank you

Thank you for your question. In deed we do have a "traditional" lack of documentation. We started several attempts and meanwhile we do have nearly nothing. We have to discuss this in the near future again, as I see this one of the main issues for new player. I have to ask for patience that we can not give you a clear answer or timeline yet.

Delete please.

Wouldn't it be possible to create an updated wiki website? Just the skeleton site, once that's done I'm sure a lot of members would love to post the actual information themselves and ease the burden off the team's shoulders.

Hi,

players can write strategy guides, or pages with hints like the "AirlineSim for dummies" that I wrote several years ago.

But a wiki should also tell you how things work, or explain you step by step how to do something. If we players do this, the wiki will be littered with mistakes.

Apart from the above, a wiki should have a good structure. If you allow the wiki to grow naturally, as players add information, it will become a bowl of spaghetti where nobody finds the information he needs.

Just my two cents  ;-)

Jan