LCCs

Hi

I know its against the traffic rules in AS. But why can the likes of Easyjet and Ryanair fly from continental europe to north africa?

Because negotiated "open skies" or similar-style agreements between the EU on one side and individual Mediterranean countries on other side exist in real life, but these cannot be simulated in AS.

You can start here

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/international_aviation/external_aviation_policy/neighbourhood_en.htm

In short any European registered carrier can operate any route within Europe they want to and have full traffic rights. (Example: Ryanair Barcelona - Rome FCO)

Morocco and more recently Israel in an effort to increase traffic and tourism have embraced the European open skies so this allows any European registered airline to operate to/from any European airport to their country (Example Ryanair Marseille - Fez). I'm not sure if this extends to a Moroccan carrier having European rights, or domestic flights by European carriers within Morocco

In short any European registered carrier can operate any route within Europe they want to and have full traffic rights. (Example: Ryanair Barcelona - Rome FCO)

Morocco and more recently Israel in an effort to increase traffic and tourism have embraced the European open skies so this allows any European registered airline to operate to/from any European airport to their country (Example Ryanair Marseille - Fez). I'm not sure if this extends to a Moroccan carrier having European rights, or domestic flights by European carriers within Morocco

the Agreement is here

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:OJ.L_.2006.386.01.0055.01.ENG#L_2006386EN.01005701

No cabotage rights

Traffic Rights

1.   Each Party shall grant to the other Party, except as otherwise specified in Annex I, the following rights for the conduct of international air transport by the air carriers of the other Party:

(a) the right to fly across its territory without landing;

(b ) the right to make stops in its territory for any purpose other than taking on or discharging passengers, baggage, cargo and/or mail in air transport (non-traffic purposes);

(c ) while operating an agreed service on a specified route, the right to make stops in its territory for the purpose of taking up and discharging international traffic in passengers, cargo and/or mail, separately or in combination;

and

(d) the rights otherwise specified in this Agreement.

2.   Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer on the air carriers of:

(a) Morocco the right to take on board, in the territory of any Member State, passengers, baggage, cargo, and/or mail carried for compensation and destined for another point in the territory of that Member State;

(b ) the European Community the right to take on board, in the territory of Morocco, passengers, baggage, cargo, and/or mail carried for compensation and destined for another point in the territory of Morocco.