Leipzig 2016: AirlineSim Convention

Our AirlineSim Convention takes place next weekend :)

There will be restrictions on the S-Bahn due to the construction works in Leipzig. However, it is offered „Schienenersatzverkehr“ so this should be no problem for us. Please inform yourself about the schedule on www.bahn.de or on www.mdv.de. Here you will also find an overview of the ticket prices.

For everyone who is on the DHL-List: Please show up at the DHL Hub reception on Friday at 08:45 p.m..
(We contacted everyone on the DHL List separately. There are no more spaces left for this tour, I'm afraid)
There is sufficient parking space available in front of the building. Or you use the „Schienenersatzverkehr“ until station „Schkeuditz“. From there you can reach DHL by foot in about 15minutes.

Our program on Saturday will take place at Leipzig Airport.
Please inform yourself about your travel options by train. By car you can use the main parking deck (2hours 5€ + 2€ for each additional hour / maximum 22€). Perhaps you can find other players to car-pool (or to buy group tickets for the train)

Meeting point for the airport tour is at 10:15 a.m. at the counter „Flughafenführung“ in the central check in area.
From 2 p.m. you can find us in the conference room 1, where we will introduce the latest AirlineSim features.
Our day ends in Auerbach's Keller where we have a table from 06:30 p.m. for lunch.

PLEASE CARRY A VALID ID/PASSPORT WITH YOU!

Another hint: If you want to check out the new features right at the convention, make sure to bring a laptop to the afternoon part of the event.

Another hint: If you want to check out the new features right at the convention, make sure to bring a laptop to the afternoon part of the event.

Will the feature trying part be available somehow for those not able to attend and planning to watch the convention on Youtube?

Will the feature trying part be available somehow for those not able to attend and planning to watch the convention on Youtube?

I am in no position to give an official answer but usually a new feature is introduced to a temporary world as sort as a public test after that the feature has be thoroughly internally tested and become "playable". Quimby IV ends on the first of November so I would think that it will be restarted as a public test. I am sure this feature will be something special mainly because it still does not have a name and next week everybody will know what it is. So the only thing we can do is wait patiently. I still doubt that the this feature is in a state to be publically released after the convention and one of the perks of coming to such an event is the possibility to try it before most others.

Basically what CBE says ;)

Quick info for those that couldn't be in LEJ this week-end:

A summary post in English of what has been announced at the convention will be put onto our blog later today.

I also plan to hold parts of the presentation again in English and record it. In the past I did this by recording the presentation and uploading it to YouTube. But I figured that nowadays we could also do it as an interactive live-stream on Twitch (a recording of which can be watched later on Twitch or transferred to YouTube as well).

Quick survey: Who would be interested in such a stream and which times would work best for you?

Hi Martin,

while I like the idea, I prefer the recorded version. I like to be able to skip some stuff, and see it when it fits my schedule etc. So for me, it’s a recorded presentation preference. But thumps up for the idea.

while I like the idea, I prefer the recorded version. I like to be able to skip some stuff, and see it when it fits my schedule etc. So for me, it's a recorded presentation preference. But thumps up for the idea.

As said, the stream will be recorded.

A live stream would be great. I belive after 12 (CET) on weekends would be best for everyone. Though some would be more interested to receive the information then what I am.

Especially the next week-end is bad for me since it's a 3-day one in Germany (due to national day on Monday). Timezone-wise, it might also make sense to do it in the afternoon. Still quite early in the Americas, but people might at least be awake, while it would be late evening in Asia.

time goes by ... a week has passed since our convention in Leipzig ...

It was a very nice weekend with many well-known and many new faces :)  
We had some really enjoyable conversations and even crazy jumping interludes! :lol:

To remember this event, I would like to ask you to share your photos with us by using Dropbox.
I've already created a folder, so please tell me your Dropbox email address, then I can share it with you. (support@airlinesim.aero)