Loan/Rescue Loan

Is it possible to manually request a loan/rescue loan and if so how?

Thank you in advance

You cannot request a rescue loan. But in case you are already big enough, you can ask for a loan of course: Management - Corporate Finance - Debt and New Loan.

Rescue loans are only given automatically and when an airline which meets certain criteria regarding its financial stability can't pay their salaries.

No, that's not possible.

A rescue loan is normally given automatically when you can't pay for the salaries at the week closing. I believe, you only get that loan once, the second time your company will be liquidated.

Rescue loans are given three times max. If in a row of 3 weeks, then game is over.

And, if you have received 2 rescue loans, you have to have at least two profitable weeks in between to receive another 2 rescue loan. If you only have one profitable week in between, the 2nd rescue loan is not granted.

RL RL PROFIT PROFIT RL RL = OK

RL RL PROFIT RL RL = BOOM

You could make a new subsidiary with all your money before the week closes (basically having a 0 in your bank account) and then you will be granted a rescue loan for the week en closing and then just liquidate the subsidiary. You can only do this 2 times in a row then you have to two a week then you can do it 2 times again, it is a great way to get money but it can be risky.

No, that is incorrect, if you get two rescue loans you need at least two profitable weeks in order to get two rescue loans, if you only have one profitable week, you will not get the second set of rescue loans. At least this is the observation I have made in the past at other companies.

You could make a new subsidiary with all your money before the week closes (basically having a 0 in your bank account) and then you will be granted a rescue loan for the week en closing and then just liquidate the subsidiary. You can only do this 2 times in a row then you have to two a week then you can do it 2 times again, it is a great way to get money but it can be risky.

That sounds like cheating to me. It's obviously a way to go around the game mechanic of rescue loans. :/

Aren't rescue loans equipped with ludicrous interest rates anyway? And who would need such an amount as a loan anyway if he were able to keep three million AS$ to found a subsidiary lying around. It's good that you have pointed this loophole out (and maybe find a way to fix it), but it doesn't seem to practical.

However, the rescue loan - as I understand - only covers staff cost (if the leasing rate can't be paid, the aircraft is being returned). 

To really make money out of this (without even thinking of the killing interest rates), one would need a substantial amount of staff. Moreover, this requires perfect timing as - in my case - shortly after the staff cost the leasing for the aircraft from the immediate delivery program (game start) are being paid. 

Means: If I understand this correctly, there is a loophole which could provide my airline (staff ~ 1000) with about 1.5Mio A$ once (maybe twice). That won't even finance a decent plane, or a terminal, or free lunch...

However, the rescue loan - as I understand - only covers staff cost (if the leasing rate can't be paid, the aircraft is being returned). 

Yes, the rescue loan does not cover any leases as they will just be canceled, however rescue loans cover all negative balance meaning staff costs and unprofitable flights.

Rescue loans are usually at around 5% interest. Which is not really that killing if you need some quick cash. This is not really my technique and I have never used it but I just gave you an example. Read this for more information.

Still a disgusting way to play. But you see it all the time