Making profits with very small planes?

Well in my head I was gonna be able to create routes to australia, the us, and asia.

The reality is that there is absolutely no demand, domestic or international so there goes that idea...

Flightradar24 says: from Kiribati (CXI) there are only two routes in real life. One flight goes to HNL and one to NAN. There seems to be no domestic demand in real life, too.

@Habreko

We seem to have quite the same mindset about our ideal airline: Small and in a remote place. This is why I also run (on various servers) small airlines in the Pacific. There, you need to be aware of some things before you start:

- International Expansion in the Pacific is a huge (if not impossible) challenge. I haven't managed getting that far after months of playing.

- You need one or two money-making routes, usually "feeder" routes that connect your hub with the outside world (e.g. Kiribati - Honolulu). If those routes aren't highly profitable (full with pax), you'll be struggling endlessly with your airline.

- A lot of the smaller nations in the Pacific have unrestricted access, which means at anytime, an established airline with a lot of funds can step in.

- Choose your country wisely (you want a country / island nation that has at least five airports).

The tip about Cape Verde in another post was actually quite good. I played there, too. It's fun and challenging. Also, there is Russian Siberia. Due to the size of the country, there are endless options to connect small airports. And if you choose one day to start "big business", Russia can provide you with very good opportunities. 

Good luck!