New aircraft market

Thanks for the second patch this year, AS team! Happy with the work that is done!

What are the experiences so far from other users with the new aircraft market features?

I’d like to point out that I find the bid intervals for aircraft with a reduced rate quite extreme.
I’ve got bids running for 36 hours. Let alone what happens when you get overbid.
I’m okay with a increased bid time for cheaper aircraft, but this is rather extreme. Slows down the game too much, in my experience.

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s what 2 or 3 persons decided. There is a huge thread in German forums about this topic, with players complaining. Those 2 or 3 persons that made the decision have not even bothered to respond to players to justify it. And yes, it will adversely affect aircraft market, tie up funds for days or even weeks if bids drag on, and completely destroy ways to help new players. A 100 percent fail.

Pros:

• cheaper official offers
  • greatly improved contractual security for lessees (p2p)
  • therefore potentially increasing revenues for lessors (p2p)
  • no more 10%-cheats
  • greatly improved attractivity for buying airframes
  • 50% based on depreciation corrected base prices makes buying and leasing out potentially profitable

Cons:

• 36h for 50% might indeed be a bit on the long side. 24h might have done it

In general, buying used shouldn’t take longer time than buying a new frame. Which is does now

Agreed, it can leave funds tied up for ever. The longer time at the start to give everyone a chance to see the plane (and prevent players essentially giving planes away to others) makes sense, but further bids should only increase the bidding time by 1 or a few hours, rather than going back to the beginning.