New Automated Anti-Slot Blocking Measures

I would like to know if rubio play in Riem or ellinikon to speak so certain of these world’s…well believe me I tried several times… my flights with 767 in short haul is 30k loss but I use it for max usage of ac or to have more connecting cu…

I never played on Riem or ellinikon. As far as my experience, it depends on how short the flight is. Shorter the flight, more extra charge needed to make larger planes turn around. I don't think you can make a 100-200 km flight profitable using a wide body, no matter how much you are charging the PAX. Wider bodies are much more difficult to make profit on short flights compared to narrow bodies and props. You don't need to pay too much effect to make a prop flight become a profitable narrow body flight, but wide bodies certainly not the case. However, if you just want to compared margin like Banff said with a same price system, prop is definitely the winner. 

Since the ORS system is going to be improved, i just hope the new system can somehow add some benefits on wide bodies while fixing the price issue. On the other hand, even if the new system makes it impossible to make profit on ultra-short flights using large planes and the props are restricted, it's okay with me because you also don't have airlines running tons of ultra-short flights from airports in the real life, especially when alternative transportation, e.g.  trains and road transportation, are available and convenient to use. 

btw, as a new player, currently my fleet contain only ATRs, and thus when I see there are unfilled demand between airports like NGO-NRT or NGO-HND, what I would do would be fly my ATR into the route, despite both NGO and NRT are relatively filled in term of slot. Under the new mechanism, it seems like new players would not be able to participate into the route unless players first obtain a larger plane?

Yes it is silly to fly NRT to NGO on an ATR. Get a CR9 at least, for God’s sake.

Actually Air Central used to use Q400 on that route until it merged into ANA wings, and IBEX also used CRJ200 on that route, so it is realistic to use an ATR72 on that route, but not a 42. 

Edit: but please at least try to use a larger aircraft in AS because AS has much more demand on that route than real life does

• How about repositional flight? Like if you were flying between NGO-TAE during midnight but then you want to put your plane into NRT-HAC during daytime, scheduling a flight between NGO and NRT would be the most natural option there?

• As much as I would like to fly a larger plane on those high demand routes, as a new joiner that financially just almost ruined by a DC8 cargo plane, if I rent a larger plane then probably I would not be able to meet the weekly repayment deadline…

Then wait till you have more money so that you can afford a larger plane.

And no, repositioning flights are also banned, though the system will position your aircraft automatically but without pax.

It sounds like this new system is going to be just as terrible as I feared.  The only question seems to be whether it will be a complete ban of smaller planes from large airports or a partial ban. Either way, it will ban flights that actually occur in the real world.  Pity.  I guess we'll find out for sure in a few hours. 

And would the system do something silly like allow CRJ100 but disallow Dash 8 Q400, or disallow EMB195 while allowing ARJ21?

And would the system do something silly like allow CRJ100 but disallow Dash 8 Q400, or disallow EMB195 while allowing ARJ21?

No, it won’t.

Yes we all know turboprops operate to some of the world's largest airports. There are daily turboprop flights into CDG and LGW, seen a Dash 8 at LHR once. But these are general exceptions.

I'm sure the airline sim team know this but they have come to the conclusion that slot blocking at major airports is a more pressing issue. And I'd have to agree with them.

So what type of aircraft won't be allowed give us an example

So what type of aircraft won't be allowed give us an example

I bet you will see soon enough. Just wait, the new server (and the patch) is a matter of hours... Your Trilandres will do you no good any more.

Yes we all know turboprops operate to some of the world's largest airports. There are daily turboprop flights into CDG and LGW, seen a Dash 8 at LHR once. But these are general exceptions.

I'm sure the airline sim team know this but they have come to the conclusion that slot blocking at major airports is a more pressing issue. And I'd have to agree with them.

That's basically how we saw it as well.

We can't always make an exception in the game just because there may be a case in reality - exception like don't work in a game, because people can just abuse it and the exception becomes the rule.

So with the new rule, you can't operate a Dash8 Q400 from LHR to MAN, but you still can operate out of LHR to airports like BHX.

I think the new restrictions are fair and as the limits were set by the UAB, it was regular players deciding on it.

Are you shure that the new system really works? On Quimby there are flights between AMS and LHR (both 10-bar-airports) scheduled with E195. On the airplane info site 10-10 is crossed out...

Are you shure that the new system really works? On Quimby there are flights between AMS and LHR (both 10-bar-airports) scheduled with E195. On the airplane info site 10-10 is crossed out...

Thanks for pointing that out, we'll check this.

Edit: Looks like that was enabled by a data glitch we had in the first minutes after Quimby opened - I've checked and right now it's not possible to schedule that route.

The introduction of automated checks is planned for no earlier than January 2016. From then on, flights that break the new slot blocking rules will be deactivated automatically.

typo?

So it seems like NGO-HND would require at least an aircraft with at least about 110 seats to operate on the route. Does that mean those who are flying ATR42 or Fokker 50 on those routes cannot upgrade to ATR72 or CRJ or SSJ as intermediate and must jump their capacity to CS100/DC9 or above?

So it seems like NGO-HND would require at least an aircraft with at least about 110 seats to operate on the route. Does that mean those who are flying ATR42 or Fokker 50 on those routes cannot upgrade to ATR72 or CRJ or SSJ as intermediate and must jump their capacity to CS100/DC9 or above?

I would posit that there's enough demand to start the route with a larger aircraft in the first place, based on what I saw when I started out, and having grown to operating 150+ one way flights between the two.  The only reason I can think of to operate a smaller aircraft on the route is a desire for a single operating type, ala Porter.  However, this is a vanity thing, and not particularly intended through game design.  There's also the fact that scheduling a smaller aircraft between two busy airports makes it difficult to change to a different type of aircraft later, as arrival slots coinciding with faster speeds may not be available, leading to players keeping the same small aircraft on the route since it's the only combination of available slot times.

Thank you very much for this total bullshit!

I finally managed to build up a mid-size airline on Riem. I've seen many competitors in China like Zhongguo and China Wings operating Let19's, MA60 and CRJ700 out of Beijing and Guangzhou. Did I every complain or report them? Nope. 

Building up my airline slowly with smaller planes because narrow bodies wouldn't be feasible with those powerhouses. When China finally opened up after the liquidation of some major carriers, I took my chance to grow. In my eyes I was kind enough for using CRJ1000 and E195 as mainline and not using CRJ700 or smaller out of Beijing. 

With the new stop the Mind Airways rule, I got punished were others were left alone. Due to the slot restrictions and longer turnaround times of CS1/Airbuses/Boeings, the UAB forcing me to shutdown operations. 

I am not as good as many other players out here, but I had enough patience to learn the basics of Airlinesim despite the steep learning curve. All those time I spent and money just got to the drain. 

Airlinesim board rather favour an inactive (12 months) team member who blocks slots at major airports than someone who is actively playing and paying for the game.