New Flight Details Report

I was just going through my Route Management and checking load factors when I came across the flight detail report. I saw the announcement for it yesterday and I thought it was really cool. A lot more detail and a lot more informative.

However, taking a closer look, this new flight detail report has removed something that was very important for how I handle budgeting. That was the income from the flight minus the direct costs. It was an important tool that helped me plan my next moves.

Then, upon a closer look, I noticed that the flight income minus direct costs still was there, and even added in the maintenance costs per that flight. It actually cut out a step I had to do when using the old data.

So, long story short, awesome job. It looks great. Thank you.

I agree 100%. Lots of usefull information and a nice addition. I just need to get used to it a little bit.

Agree. However I posted this idea in another thread:

It would be a good idea to maybe have the margin (final) line in the table on top (and not on the bottom), maybe right above revenues.

This would eliminate the need to scroll down / page down so much to see the value that matters mostly smile.png

(Also maybe it could be on a row highlighted with a different color...)

What do you guys think?

Obviously this is a welcomed new feature.

However, I don't need 100+ numbers to tell me if a flight is running at a profit. And I know that all the information is still available, but for me, this site ("flight details") is just a bit of a nuisance. Although I agree that we all have to get used to it, I would rather prefer the "old" layout, which seemed much more convenient to look at. Now it takes too long to find the useful information and the risk of "looking at the wrong line" has increased.

Would it be possible to make it a choice under, say "general settings", what kind of flight details one would like to see or is this technically impossible?

In the german forum Martin already told me in no uncertain and quite unfriendly terms to stop asking for that. He is not willing to dedicate programming time to that.

In the german forum Martin already told me in no uncertain and quite unfriendly terms to stop asking for that. He is not willing to dedicate programming time to that.

Oh please....don't drag this onto a personal level again. I was in no way unfriendly, I just stated my thought process in detail. Maybe I should just stop doing that, being open and all. Maybe it would be a better idea to stick to my several hundred items long to-do list in the first place instead of listening to and implementing user feedback on the forums. Apparently it just causes "nuisances" anyhow.

Again? I never talked to you on a personal level - or on any level actually - before. As for the rest, maybe we should take it to PMs.

GREAT Addition Martin, its extreme info but welcomed

I agree, it's a very nice feature and very fast implementation...and I really can't understand why anybody should get upset about this, you still have all information available you had before, just more details. If you don't need them - fine, just look at the numbers you had before. For me it's very good to have the calculation split by classes, it's very interesting to see what each class contributes to the total gain. Thanks for this feature, Martin!

Again? I never talked to you on a personal level - or on any level actually - before. As for the rest, maybe we should take it to PMs.

Not you personally, but it is a common phenomenon that discussions about controversial topics end up being led on a personal level and it happens almost every time we dare to introduce a change...frustratingly even in minor cases like this. Yours was just the latest one. But let's leave it at that, no further comment necessary and the thread should be about its actual topic again.

Guys,

Is it just me our the cargo figures are strange? I have some routes with full cargo, price 135% and its still negative…

Guys,

Is it just me our the cargo figures are strange? I have some routes with full cargo, price 135% and its still negative…

Same thing here. As far as I can see, figures are proportional and do check out. The only reason we are noticing it now, is because we had no detailed breakdown. I guess PAX airlines will have to crank up cargo prices (which should be good news for cargo airlines), I know I will -  15 units of cargo in 2000km flight takes away 1000AS$ from total profits. Fingers crossed that one day we'll be able not to accept cargo and shift the costs.

Any way to disable cargo offering (besides hiking up price)?

I am reviewing the new detailed financial info and it seems cargo does not add additional cost. It's just the general cost (crew, fuel, leasing is also spread among services offered, meaning divided among cargo units. There are two ways to look into it:

One is the new way of looking meaning cargo as unprofitable, the other one is looking on "marginal cargo cost", meaning any cost related directly to cargo and excluding any "passenger fixed" cost, e.,g.aircraft-related cost (the one being paid regardless of any cargo flown). This way you exclude flight crew, landing fees, fuel, etc. from the equation, and only calculate marginal cost related to cargo (e.g. cargo handling, cargo controllers, etc.). In this second way of looking on cargo, cargo is profitable because marginal revenue of the flight increases marginal cost.

Any way to disable cargo offering (besides hiking up price)?

No, there isn't ("Fingers crossed that one day we'll be able not to accept cargo and shift the costs"). In any case, all it would do is shift the costs to pax operations, without cargo your total expenses (I think, will take some time to get in-game figures) will be the same and your profits might actually decrease

The cargo-problem is more or less know since it's been affecting us in the calculation of the marginal prices already. This evening I had an idea on how to approach this though...will try to investigate this over the week-end or some time next week.

Hi all,

Does the "fleet management" correspond to any of the expences/costs of the old flight details??? I cant seem to be able to corrolate this to any of the past costs. Is it something new? Has the cost of the flight gone up by that much?

Thanks

Again? I never talked to you on a personal level...

Hi,

taking things to a personal level means that you are playing the man instead of playing the ball. And tackling another guy never produces nice football.

As for the changes, they are an improvement when you want/need detailed information.

If you only want to know whether a flight is profitable (like Voeni mentioned), you don't even need the detailed flight information. Simply look at the seat loads  ;-)

Jan

Hi all,

Does the "fleet management" correspond to any of the expences/costs of the old flight details??? I cant seem to be able to corrolate this to any of the past costs. Is it something new? Has the cost of the flight gone up by that much?

Thanks

From what I can understand, the 'Fleet Management' corresponds to those in your staff that are labeled "Fleet Management". The details report now seems to give the actual cost that flight is paying towards individual staff positions. 'Crew' being your pilots, pursers, and flight attendants, and the rest broken down into other categories, fleet management being one of them.

Just a simple question: where can I see the overall profit of the flight? And with that I mean the old net income, profits minus expenses.

Timo

CEO Black Watch Airlines