Not only landing fees...

Not only landing fees have been increased, but also ATC fees almost doubled and maintenance cost on some planes increased by 5-10% as well. On Aspern...

Can somebody point me to a thread where these changes were announced, because in the patches pdf files that were posted a few days ago I cannot find this information.

P.S. Also I would like to know when will the ATE tool adjusted on Aspern to reflect new seat types.... and can AS staff please post approximate rating/equality types between the old and new seats? There was something posted before by AS but it was while new cabin config was still in progress and the note was that the equality ratings were not fully determined at that point.

Martin has already stated elsewhere that the ATE tool will be updated in time. You have to remember AS is effectively a two man show, and launcing a new server, adding updates and including new systems is going to take time. So I would say be patient, they will get round to it eventually. I think they have done well with launch and has been far less problomatic than previous launches. You also have to remember AS is a game of trial and error. You can't expect your first airline and first route to be operating succesfully. Many of us have spent lots of time trialing and coming accross lots of failures to become succesful in the game now.

As for the new figures Im guessing you were referring to the Dash 8 mainly with the changes. Although it hasn't been announced it has widely been known that there is a problem with the Dash 8-400 familys figures which is making it far more economically viable than it should be. Various aircraft performane was tweeked in terms of fuel performance, and weights (therefore ATC fees), in the new game world. All numbers are far more realistic than previously.

Ian

You also have to remember AS is a game of trial and error. You can't expect your first airline and first route to be operating succesfully. Many of us have spent lots of time trialing and coming accross lots of failures to become succesful in the game now.

While I appreciate this, I don't understand what this has to do with increased fees? And my airlines have been making money since the start on the gameworlds where I started.

As for the new figures Im guessing you were referring to the Dash 8 mainly with the changes. Although it hasn't been announced it has widely been known that there is a problem with the Dash 8-400 familys figures which is making it far more economically viable than it should be. Various aircraft performane was tweeked in terms of fuel performance, and weights (therefore ATC fees), in the new game world. All numbers are far more realistic than previously.

Actually, Boeing

Some of the changes are covered here. As you know there are several things on the big to do list and after especially the last 3 server starts there where lot of complaints and some things where corrected now and as far as we can see to the better. i am not 100% sure but I think only the ATC adjustment was discussed and a last minute patch that was not mentioned before. The increase of the fees is simply to make it unatractive to use small airplanes to big airports and do intentionally or unintentionally slotblocking on big airports. 

With regards to the ATE tool ..... it will take some time because we are internally discussing few options so please be patient and once it will be updated Martin will make the announcement. With the new cabin editor you can play around and check the quality of your rating right away in the editor. AS Passengers always like better seats and are willing to pay more for that.