On the Radar, please - AN-178

Hello,

There is a huge gap in the small cargo market (that is not called the ATR-72F, because its range and speed are not as good as the prospective AN-178).

Note that it is in final assemlby and I would order a hundred of these if I could today! I can't wait for the real-world data!!! Please keep this bad boy in mind for addition!!!

Antonov_An-178_Assembly_2.png

Ain't she beautiful?

Hope the civil war in Ukraine won't jeopardize such project.

Hope the civil war in Ukraine won't jeopardize such project.

Well there is a plant in Voronezh (VAPO) that pumps out the 148. I am sure that Antonov would like to make $$$ and I would imagine that if Rossiya or a government agency like MTchS (Emergency Ministry) orders the 178 like they did the 148 then there will be production in VAPO.

Sadly, I would imagine that Antonov may fall victim to politics before bullets and pull out of the joint-venture.

Antonov is falling slowly as the victim of politics. Their two transport projects - An 178 and An-70 were aimed to russian military markets. But with the begining of civil war in Ukraine both progects were suspended by Russian Defence ministry. Russia starts development of Il-112 (brother of Il-114) as alternative to An-178, rearms Il-76 as alternative to An-70 and developes new airctaft with India and China as alternative to Il-96 and An-124. 

Antonov's plane An-148 produces in VAPO due license for 20 years, new airplanes of Antonov would not produced there.