People Ignoring you.

Ive started a new airline a month ago now and some people and airlines have been nice and cooperative but there quite a few who are just plain ignorant and rude iam not going to name people or airlines but the offending people are on meigs now i do not mind if they replied saying eg. (Sorry but were not interested at this time) but i see they have come online and do not reply to a message or just not accept your IL Contract. Anyone else had this issue too as i think with the thread of big opportunities is good but if the server where it is based if full off ignorant and unsociable people there is not much of an opportunity to start an airline there.

Unfortunately for you in my experience a lot of (newer) players think the best technique is to request an IL with literally every man and his dog. For an IL request for me it has to make sense... ILs cost money for both parties, if you do not provide anything to the other party, decide to compete with a potential IL partner, or someone more experienced doesn't see merit in your business plan either expect a delayed response (to see if you keep going) or a rejection.

I'm not suggesting in anyway that you are requesting too many ILs, I'm just saying some players have, and that has ruined it for others

Also, as a player you really only get the notification once. In some cases, I just don't know what to do with a request right then, so I (and many others) just don't say anything for the first few days. That's of course dangerous as you may forget to go back to the request later, unless you regularly review the page showing your interlining contracts and requests. Saying "no" may however come across as even more rude... So yes, when I ask for an IL and I know the other may not immediately see value, I would always accompany the request with a personal message.

Towards new airlines, especially from players who only recently arrived on a server, if they don't accompany their IL request with a message, I will likely also put the request "on hold", accepting it perhaps after a week or 2 if the player is still around.

Perhaps as a suggestion: can buttons be added to the interface easily? Rather than saying Yes, No; we could add "Please ask me again in 2 week" and/or "Please send me a message with more info about your request".

If I just get an IL request with no explaining mail, then I don't feel it's rude to decline it without any comment.

As explained above, the IL has to make sense. Because a lot of players have to restart their airline at least a couple times before they get a working formula, it is not in my interest to accept an IL from an airline that is less than a few days old. I will hire people to then fire them again after a few days when you reset your airline.

So, if you want to have a higher ratio of ILs accepted, I would suggest the following:

• Make sure your airline is at least 2 weeks old (second week-end closing survived). If it's 3 or even 4 weeks, it shows that you are profitable and have at least a basic endurance. And if you can't survive without an IL, you're probably not worth signing up with.
  • Analyze the potential benefit of the IL. I have received IL request to a company of mine that had ZERO aircraft. Also, ILs with companies that only "meet" at some remote destinations are most likely useless, as you can't generate enough connecting passengers to pay for the cost. You have to fly into the others hub and be somewhat aligned with their waves. I had flights (with an IL) but I arrived outside of the partners wave, and was flying at some 20% loads. Once I changed my flight, it was immediately full.
  • Send a message before (or along) with the IL request explaining why you believe the IL would be beneficial. That should certainly increase you chances to get a favorable reply.

Then there are a couple of players that restrict their ILs to airlines from their alliance (or at least strongly favor them) or there could be many other reasons. Don't take it personal, it's just a game.

I like the idea of wardcallens and Matth i have message these players and i have said if you want more information about how to go about a IL Agreement and the airlines ive wanted to chat to about an IL Agreement are either exclusive to where my airline is based and does not have any agreement in place with another airline and have sufficient flights a week to make sense for them and myself so i can expand my airline so i can send flights to there hub too.

Some or even many companies have set rules like "ILs with companies older than 2 / 4 weeks" and are explaining what they excpect from a possible new IL partner. 

Of course it would be nice to answer but on the other hand, it would also be nice if a new company would ask (or send a message with the IL request).

Keep in mind that it's also worth to have a look at the company page, as some state their 'requirements' there.

On my company page I state that I will not reply to any interline requests without a message. You can not believe how many requests I do get without a message (one every second day on average), one player has so far managed to send it 4 (!) times with different airlines, yet, he hasn't even made the effort to look at the company page. That's when I start to wonder about people on here...

I like the idea of wardcallens and Matth i have message these players and i have said if you want more information about how to go about a IL Agreement and the airlines ive wanted to chat to about an IL Agreement are either exclusive to where my airline is based and does not have any agreement in place with another airline and have sufficient flights a week to make sense for them and myself so i can expand my airline so i can send flights to there hub too.

Wow. A single sentence with 90 words. Just wow. Don’t take this personally, but if you write interline messages this way, I don’t wonder why you don’t get replies. It’s so hard to read and actually make sense of. The Dots were invented for some reasons, and clarity of expression is one of them.

Wow. A single sentence with 90 words. Just wow. Don't take this personally, but if you write interline messages this way, I don't wonder why you don't get replies. It's so hard to read and actually make sense of. The Dots were invented for some reasons, and clarity of expression is one of them.

Never mind me not putting full stop you counted all 90 words just to say i did not put a full stop in between.you have too much time on your hands and i remember you once criticising my punctuation on another thread i did is that all you do go on other peoples threads and just criticises what people do or do not do.Comeback when you have something relevant to the thread.  

People read… And with attitude like this, you will not make friends. People will be quite wary to cooperate with you. They will just say… Ahhh him… Press. Declined.

My initial response was actually very relevant to this thread. If you cannot make a coherent presentation of your airline, people will not a sign the interline agreements. And nobody is willing to read through a mumbo jumbo of hard to decode text.

Maybe it’s not important to you, but you should make an attempt to put more effort into how you present your airline and how you communicate. You may actually see good results with that.

You could learn a lot from George. And I have to agree - with your attitude, nobody will want to work together with you. I would not.

Agreement are either exclusive to where my airline is based and does not have any agreement in place with another airline and have sufficient flights a week to make sense for them and myself so i can expand my airline so i can send flights to there hub too.

That is exactly my point about competing. If I already fly 3 times a day to SAW successfully without you, why would I want to have you as a partner if your suggestion is to compete with me?

Since last Monday, I have gotten 49 new IL offers at Hoover. Without counting, I’m pretty sure I have around 100 waiting IL’s and 30 accepted. And how many personal messages have I gotten? 1(!!).

I simply do not have the time to check every single airline, which applies. Then I couldn’t do anything else. And accepting all of them would be a waste of money.

One of the airlines I decided to check out, had one weekly flight from an odd destination. And it didn’t even hit my wave. Would have been a waste of 25.000 every single week.

From other servers, I can say that a reasonable IL offer with a message has 99% chance of success. Even companies made yesterday. But no contact usually end up with a decline.

the hope to receive a message together with IL request dosnt even exist on my side any more.

I have set up some requirements to my potential IL partners on my infopage,

one of them is that a new partner (idealy airline) should be active for min. 3 monthes

and that members of my alliance will always have my priority.

still around 95% of IL offers i receive are from players / airlines that are not even one week old.

this shows clearly that people do not read the infopage and i do not see it rude to turn

down the request without a comment if i did not receive a comment in first place, which is even more rude.

Keep in mind that it's also worth to have a look at the company page, as some state their 'requirements' there.

On my company page I state that I will not reply to any interline requests without a message. You can not believe how many requests I do get without a message (one every second day on average), one player has so far managed to send it 4 (!) times with different airlines, yet, he hasn't even made the effort to look at the company page. That's when I start to wonder about people on here...

OMG that guy. I even sent a message saying 'stop sending me IL requests!!' and it didn't work. 

To this particular topic, I agree with what everyone else is saying. Send a nice clear message and it should elicit some kind of response. 

The obvious solution would be to add a text field to interline request.

Also I think no response is better than rejection. I dont keep track of all airlines to whom I sent il requests, so if someone rejects, its possible he will get another request in few weeks.

I think that adding a text field to an interlining request could be a very useful feature, but to me the whole interlining system is a bit rudimentary and should get some more features and depth, but that is a discussion for another topic.

It would be better if an airline could set up criteria where requests are automatically denied

I found some airlines withdrawing and resending IL requests, may be just to remind u.  <_<

Why do y'all gotta take rejections personally?  This is literally a business simulator, nobody owes you anything.  You get rejected, move on with your life because this is ultimately not real life and you'll be fine