Pilot vacation?

As a result of some fleet reorganization I have a situation where there are a number of crews without any aircraft assigned.  Which means that they are being paid for not doing anything, on the other hand it seems a serious mistake to sever them as I might need them again in a few weeks.

So, we have some crews working 24x7 and some doing nothing. In real life it would make sense if the good guys could take some vacation and let the others take over for a while. There doesn't seem to be any way to simulate this, directly, but my idea as a compromise would be to increase staff mood by a factor depending on the ratio of assigned to non-assigned crews.  Does this make sense?

I dont think the game simulate crew rostering, so the number only tell you the crew strength for specific fleet.

Having reserve doesn't mean some of them really idle while the other work around the clock.

It simply show that you have excess crew, the imaginary roster should evenly distribute the schedule among the crew.

Your idea suggest to increase staff mood by having more reserve crew doesn't necessarily make sense.

More reserve crew mean less flying hours for individual crew, which mean less flying allowance paid to them.

Ask yourself which one actually improve mood, getting more or less money? lol 

I dont think the game simulate crew rostering, so the number only tell you the crew strength for specific fleet.

Having reserve doesn't mean some of them really idle while the other work around the clock.

It simply show that you have excess crew, the imaginary roster should evenly distribute the schedule among the crew.

Your idea suggest to increase staff mood by having more reserve crew doesn't necessarily make sense.

More reserve crew mean less flying hours for individual crew, which mean less flying allowance paid to them.

Ask yourself which one actually improve mood, getting more or less money? lol 

I guess that depends on Terms and Conditions. All of Tequila Airways and its partner companies pride themselves hiring the best crews and offering the best possible conditions including leave on full salary.

:) :) :)

You can just assume that your staff is rotated and people are getting paid leave whenever they're not working. Just because the interface says you have 4 surplus flight assistants that doesn't mean it's always the same 4 people that are idle.