Problem with passengers?

Could you explain to me why only 4 travelers use my flight. Only 4 of 170 in economy class. I do not know where gis the problem. At issue is the flight from Stuttgart to Nice?Is it always like that in the demo version?

Thanks…

Hi,

there is no demo version. When you start playing the game - for free - you play on the same server with the same data.

If only 4 people fly between Stuttgart and Nice, it could mean…

• there is not enough demand between these two airports

• your rating is too low.

I believe in your case it is a combination of both factors :)

Your only competitor on that route operates a much smaller CR9 (compared to your 738) and his overall rating is 96 while yours is 74. Plus, your competitor operates over a 1000 flights per week out of Nice. Half or more of his passengers on the NCE-STR route are probably transfer passengers.

You just started and only have 3 planes. I suggest you operate from one hub only, that will increase the number of transfer passengers at your hub.

You also need better ratings. If you equipped your planes with standard seats, replace the seating arrangements or liquidate your airline and start again ;)

And finally… a CR9 may generate a lower profit margin than a 73G, but a fully booked CR9 brings in more cash than a 73G with a load factor of 80%.

Have a nice weekend,

Jan

Could you pls help?

[size="3"]The link is to another related topic.

What are the transfer passenger? How can u get too?

Thank you!

[/size]

Hi,

most airlines have one or more hubs. A hub is an airport where your flights arrive and depart.

Your airline is based in Berlin. So you transport for example passengers between Berlin and London, and between Berlin and Munich. In that case, you can also transport passengers between London and Munich. These passengers fly from London to Berlin, and then they take a connecting flight from Berlin to Munich. That is what I meant with transfer passengers.

There are two conditions… passengers need time to walk from the gate where they arrived to the gate where the connecting flight leaves. That is the minimum transfer time. In a big airport passengers need more time to walk from one gate to another gate than in a small airport. The airport page tells you how much time they need. For Berlin the minimum transfer time could be 1 hour and 15 minutes or so. The other condition is that passengers don’t wait more than 8 hours. If your plane to Munich departs more than 8 hours after your plane from London landed, passengers will not book that flight.

If you have an ideal network, all your planes from northern Europe could for example arrive shortly before 08:00hr and all your flights to the south of Europe would leave shortly after 09:15hr. Or another example, your domestic flights should connect with your international flights. The more connections you offer, the more transfer passengers you will get.

Mind you… passengers always prefer a direct flight. Your flight from Copenhagen will not give you many transfer passengers to Rome because there probably are direct flights between Copenhagen and Rome. That is why domestic flights are important. There are perhaps no direct flights from Rome or Copenhagen to smaller airports in Germany.

Jan

[font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"]Jan, I really like the way you explain things… Tks man!

A few questions:

[/size][/font][indent][font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"]1. Ben and Fred are flying from A to B but only Ben decides to fly also from B to C.

The passengers brought by Fred are being transferred to Ben as it would have

been transferred to himself if he would have decided to fly also to C? Will they be

considered transferred pax or they will be treated as normal pax?

In other words, in order to have transferred pax, do you yourself need to bring

them there or it doesn’t matter who’s bringing them?

1. Now if Fred also decided to fly from B to C (d, e etc.) are the pax which he brought

going to prefer his flight more than other connections (although they might be more

advantageous)?

1. If another player has in a hub a good regional network but he is not flying internationally, let’s

say, buy I do (from the same hub), do I need to create my own network or I can use his

without entering into an interlining agreement?

1. If we are in an interlining agreement and both fly internationally but he has the regional network,

which one has priority, him or me?

[/size][/font][/indent][font=“Trebuchet MS”][size=“3”]That’s about all… for now!

Thanks a lot!

[/size][/font]

[indent][b][size="3"]1. Ben and Fred are flying from A to B but only Ben decides to fly also from B to C.[/size]

[/b][/indent][indent][font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"][b]The passengers brought by Fred are being transferred to Ben as it would have

been transferred to himself if he would have decided to fly also to C? Will they be

considered transferred pax or they will be treated as normal pax?

In other words, in order to have transferred pax, do you yourself need to bring

them there or it doesn’t matter who’s bringing them?[/b]

[/size][/font][/indent][font=“Trebuchet MS”][size=“3”]I presume Ben and Fred are two airlines :)

Passengers who want to fly from A to C will check the possible routes. Fred’s flight from A to B will not be considered. If Fred wants to catch some of the passengers who travel to C in his plane from A to B, he has to interline with Ben. If they are interlined, the ORS will treat them as one airline.

[/size][/font][indent][font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"][b]2. Now if Fred also decided to fly from B to C (d, e etc.) are the pax which he brought

going to prefer his flight more than other connections (although they might be more

advantageous)?[/b]

[/size][/font][/indent][font=“Trebuchet MS”][size=“3”]Passengers who fly from A to D, E, etc, will consider all possible routes. That could be an airline who flies directly from A to C, an airline who flies from A to Z and then from Z to C, and Fred’s airline who flies from A to B and then to C. The rating of every connection is calculated and priority is given to the route with the highest overall rating. Passengers do not choose an airline, they choose the best route (a direct flight or a combination of flights) to their destination.

[/size][/font] [indent][font=“Trebuchet MS”][size=“3”][b]3. If another player has in a hub a good regional network but he is not flying internationally, let’s

say, buy I do (from the same hub), do I need to create my own network or I can use his

without entering into an interlining agreement? [/b]

[/size][/font][/indent][font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"]No, you cannot use his network without an interlining agreement.

My airline is based in Egypt. I have a domestic and regional network that feeds my flights to the European capitals. If you only fly to the (same) European capitals, interlining with you will not fill my planes from Cairo to Berlin… passengers will prefer the direct flights between Cairo and the European capitals. If you have a regional network, your domestic passengers who want to fly to Egypt will transfer to my flight. And my passengers who want to go to Saarbrucken or Bremen will take my flight to Berlin and transfer on your plane to Saarbrucken or Bremen.

If you start with domestic and regional flights, it is interesting for you (and for your interlining partner) to interline with another airline in Berlin who prefers to fly internationally.

[/size][/font][indent][font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"]

[b]4. If we are in an interlining agreement and both fly internationally but he has the regional network,

which one has priority, him or me?[/b]

[/size][/font][/indent][font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"]If you are interlined, the combined flight "your international flight + his domestic flight" will be compared with "his international flight + his domestic flight". Passengers should prefer the combined flight with the highest overall rating.

Mind you… there may well be an international airline based in Frankfurt who also flies to Saarbrucken and Bremen. If you ask the ORS to show the best flights between Berlin and Bremen, he will not show up on the list… but he is also a competitor.

Jan

[/size][/font]

[font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"] Checking to see if I got it right:

[b]First:

[/b]Jan has A to B

Nirod (me) has B to C

Pax who want to

fly from A to C

Is the Pax A to C going to consider your flight from A to B although we are not in

an interlining agreement? If so, I’m using your network although we are not in

an interlining agreement. If not, they are not considering all the possible routes

from A to C but only those in which they can find an interlining agreement (see

your quote bellow).

Second:

The pax are taking into account only the most well rated flight and they have no

preference for a particular airline (some kind of customer loyalty, providing that

all other conditions are equal). Is it so?

[b]Third:

[/b]

A competitor to who? Because I fly from Berlin to Bremen and he is flying from Frankfurt to Bremen.

( Nirod B to C

Competitor A to C).

How do we compete?

Thank you!

Nirod

[/size][/font]

No, they won’t.

Passengers check which network can bring them from A to C. That network can be one airline, or the combined network of two interlined airlines. Passengers do not book one trip with separated networks.Besides, interlining would be useless if passengers checked every seperate flight and combined the best flights themselves.

[b]

Passengers are not loyal to one airline. If they fly from A to C, they will check which route offers them the best overall rating. So that could be from A to B with your airline, and then from B to C with your interlining partner. Even if you also fly from B to C.

[b]

You do not compete for the passengers who fly between Berlin and Bremen. But you compete for the international passengers from and to Bremen.

Let’s say airline X in Frankfurt flies LHR-FRA-BRE with an overall rating of 68

and you fly LHR-TXL-BRE with an overall rating of 65.

In this case passengers from London with destination Bremen will prefer airline X. As a result, you will have less passengers on your flight from London and also less passengers on your flight to Bremen.

And if airline Z flies from Rome to Frankfurt, and he has an interlining agreement with airline X, passengers from Rome to Bremen will also prefer the FCO-FRA-BRE route if the overall rating is higher than the FCO-TXL-BRE route. Even if you operate the FCO-TXL flight and the TXL-BRE flight. So you loose passengers on the FCO-TXL leg and on the TXL-BRE leg. But it is a competitor you will not see if you check FCO-TXL on the ORS, or if you check TXL-BRE.

Jan

[/size][/font]

[font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"] Man… thank you so much for your help! These things where really blurry in my mind before your posts! Tks!

Regarding the rating, are the pax going all to the flight which has the best rating and then the rest to the next etc

or are they choosing the flights proportionally? I mean, if your overall is 70 and mine 65 are they all going to you

and only after you are fully booked they come to me and so on or are they going like 25% to you, 20% to me, 17%

to the next and so on till 100%? The difference is that in the first scenario only a few get the pax as in the second

scenario everybody gets something but proportionally with the the rating.

Regards,

Nirod [/size][/font]

[font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"]Hi,

only the AS people can answer that question :)

But on a busy server there would not even be much difference between the two systems. Let’s assume the best airline gets all the passengers. In theory all passengers between LHR and BRE would use your LHR-TXL and TXL-BRE flight… if your flights have better ratings.

Unfortunately we don’t know how many passengers want to fly from LHR to BRE. We can only count the little green blocks on the airport page, and read at what time that airport calculates it’s passengers :slight_smile:

Your LHR-TXL flight could be fully booked with passengers who only want to travel from LHR to TXL, plus a bunch of passengers who use your LHR-TXL flight as part of a MAN-LHR-TXL flight (if you have an interlining partner in London) and some passengers who travel LHR-TXL-VIE (if you also fly to Vienna). In this case, passengers who want to fly from LHR to BRE will have to take the second best option.

And if your competitor (LHR-FRA-BRE) offers better value for money, you can still get LHR-TXL-BRE passengers if your competitor only uses a small plane on his FRA-BRE route, or if his plane to Bremen has too many (transfer) passengers from other airports. But the bottom line is: better value for money will get you more passengers.

Jan

[/size][/font]

They are choosing the flights proportionally to the total rating for the given connections between two airports.

[font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"]Sounds more realistic![/size][/font][font="Trebuchet MS"][size="3"] (in most cases…)[/size][/font]