Question: Flight duration and Holiday Demand

Recently I found two strange things:

1. My competitor uses same aircraft on the same route, but his flight duration (not the dynamic turnaround time) is shorter than mine. It's the first time I've seen this. Why?
  2. Demand around holidays (Dec 25, Jan 1, Jan 2, etc) seems usually have a dip, and it will rebound immediately after the holiday even I don't do anything. Is my observation correct?

Could anyone please explain? Thank you in advance.

1. Speed override?

2. Demand in AS only changes accorsing to the economic index AGEX (and increases over time on newly started game worlds) but no holidays or local events are taken into account

1. Speed override?

1. Demand in AS only changes accorsing to the economic index AGEX (and increases over time on newly started game worlds) but no holidays or local events are taken into account

• What’s speed override?

• Then why there was a demand rebound even I didn’t do anything? I am the only operator on the route including connecting flights

1. In flight planning you can change the speed +/-10%

2. I highly doubt that. Unless it’s a very short flight, there are normally dozens of connections for each airport pair. Plus, check the Agex. It goes up and down every day, influencing the demand (a bit).

As Xiguan is a new server with reduced demand at the beginning and your flights have only few connections to other flights, it could be that some of your flights heavily depend on transfer passengers from one or two connections (maybe from interlining partner).

If this passengers are coming from a flight that hits your wave only once or twice a week you will always see a peak on this days.

The same with the direct demant:

If you have to share a route with a competitor on one or two days per week you might see a drop on these days as you have to share the direct demand.

This is something that only has to be considered just after the start of a new server. Later on when aircrafts are mainly filleld by connecting passengers this plays a minor role.