Questions About New Game World

I was going to ask a question about the new game world in the hopes the devs would answer it, so figured maybe start a thread where we can ask questions about it instead of having a dozen new ones pop up.

So, to Martin and sk, and everyone else:

This new cabin design system -- sounds awesome by the way -- is it going to have a "standard" for each plane when that aircraft is ordered? In other words, are the planes going to have a general "lease-and-fly" setting, or are we going to have to use the cabin configuration tool and pay to have the seats installed?

Hi Caithes,

Im not sure if it helps and possibly answers your question in another way. Are you aware you can set AS up so that an aircraft is delivered with no seats fitted as standard?

Ian

Great Idea having a thread like this. Mine would be:

1) With the new cabin editor, will it still be possible to use eco standard in business class?

2) Will there be scaled down demand for the first few weeks? 

Hi Caithes,

Im not sure if it helps and possibly answers your question in another way. Are you aware you can set AS up so that an aircraft is delivered with no seats fitted as standard?

Ian

Yep, I know, and I use it regularly. It doesn't answer the question, though.

Yep, I know, and I use it regularly. It doesn't answer the question, though.

Even with the standard seat configuration that comes pre-installed, you are still charged for it.

If you disable that, you will be charged for the configuration you install. So you incur the charge regardless.

Hope that answers your question.

That does. Interesting, I suppose I had never checked that before, being as the downpayment/deposit on a plane is so much more than the seat costs.

It’s a line item that gets buried fairly quickly in the bank account, and doesn’t show up in the income statement because it’s an asset purchase transaction. When I started, I only noticed the weird entries for depreciation, which was recording my removal of the standard seats and replacement with my custom configuration.

As an aside, keep an eye on the pilot management screen, if there are no available pilots for that type, the game will kidnap eight random people off the street and train them at a cost of either eight or twelve weeks of pilot pay. A trick around that is to hire pilots for another type in advance and retrain them to your type, as it costs half the training of a new pilot.