Rating / Eq

Hello,

Please help me understand the "Rating / Eq" column in the "connections" table that is shown as the result of a query against the Online Reservation System. As it is, we could do with a decent entry in the Wiki for this topic.

UPDATE: Okay, I’ve determined that Eq means “equipment.” So I suppose that my question is really: what do the two green bars signify? There is one just above the aircraft type and one below the aircraft type.

Thank you.

Maybe this helps: http://en.airlinesim.aero/wiki/index.php/Flight_rating_system ;)

The lowest bar is the combined flight rating of all segments, including factors like transfer times, time gained etc.

Thank you for that Martin,

I have scanned the page you mention, but it didn’t entirely match/correspond to what is seen in the [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Online Reservation System. What I mean is that the descriptions of the rating system and the illustrative image in that wiki page do not exactly describe the [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Online Reservation System. I would happily contribute such a page if I first knew more about the [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Online Reservation System. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Perhaps I can illustrate with my own case.[/font][/color]

[font=“helvetica, arial, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”]Here are the results of a query I made of the ORS:[/color][/font]

What I don’t understand is why, in some cases, the rating for the flight (such as ENA34) is higher in the summary rather than in the flight itself. Based on your explanation, I understand why flight 32 is rated worse as it is actually a flight to LBB and passengers would then use the ground network to get to AMA.

Is there an in-depth tutorial on the ORS that I am missing? It seems like a fascinating way to guess at demand.

Basically what it’s telling you is that the flight itself as an entity is rated at [2 bars]but that because it’s a direct flight between the two destinations the final rating of the whole package (which just happens to only include the one flight) is [4 bars]. So, it’s not that great a flight on its own merits, but the fact that it gets passengers exactly where they’re trying to go fairly quickly is a bigger deal than the fact that they have to be contortionists to get on the aircraft etc

thanks, that makes sense.