RE: Our plan for 2019

Not sure what to think of it yet.

A 50% increase in the price after a year with no development and hardly any support at all? Sounds hefty, despite those promises.

What do you think?

NB. I understand the problems of those longterm gameworlds, but there are so many other ways to make them more dynamic. But I suppose it's all going to be the same on the new longterm gameworlds.

Hello, 

I don't agree with the increasing of the price. Yes, AirlineSim is unique, but the support? Sometimes a new plane is added, but for example, a lot of aircraft types were missing at Quimby VIII, so I decided to leave the server. 

I play AirlineSim for about nine months, however, as a student, I also have to spend the little amount of money elsewhere. I won't probably buy more credits to my airline. 

By the way, I would leave my airline to anybody, if It's possible. 

I need to delete my old holdings that I don't play anymore.

Not sure what to think of it yet.

A 50% increase in the price after a year with no development and hardly any support at all? Sounds hefty, despite those promises.

What do you think?

NB. I understand the problems of those longterm gameworlds, but there are so many other ways to make them more dynamic. But I suppose it's all going to be the same on the new longterm gameworlds.

I agree. I noticed the problem of longterm gameworlds, and proposed a suggestion long time ago: http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/5735-merging-old-servers-into-one.

Well, these are more or less exactly the same anouncements that were made in 2017 and 2016. For me it feels more like a nice offer at the end to sell a 50% price increase which is not at all understandable to me after that year without any developments and support. Again.

They want players with smaller airlines and higher costs for long term players. From my point of view this would be no problem if some effort had been put into AS in the past 2 years, but as there has been nothing but empty promises I doubt I will continue with AS. I am sorry, beside the costs to play it which are getting really excessive I really like the base concept.

Well, these are more or less exactly the same anouncements that were made in 2017 and 2016. For me it feels more like a nice offer at the end to sell a 50% price increase which is not at all understandable to me after that year without any developments and support. Again.

They want players with smaller airlines and higher costs for long term players. From my point of view this would be no problem if some effort had been put into AS in the past 2 years, but as there has been nothing but empty promises I doubt I will continue with AS. I am sorry, beside the costs to play it which are getting really excessive I really like the base concept.

And in 2014 for same argument. 

Fix the damn ATF / Freighter Problem! Thanks

Doesn't sound good to be honest

Price hike & no new features planned for 2019

From a business side, I can understand that you need to cover your costs. But how the 50% increase in price is communicated after acknowledging that it hasn't been a good year, I just don't get it. Make the plans you want to implement reality and then communicate the price increase. I think the (loyal) customers of airlinesim will accept it then way easier than how it is being communicated right now. I'll personally probably also quit playing this game after 5 years of enjoying it. 

Honestly, this isn’t expensive. Even still. I’d support this, especially if it meant that development will be better in the future. I’d also rather that they don’t shut down servers.

Charging more will have people delete their extra airlines. Perhaps large ones. That could revitalize some of the older worlds in my opinion. It could also prevent cheating, where people create a second airline just to help the first.

This is a niche Sim. Not a great number of players are on here. If we want things to get developed, sometimes we have to pay for it before hand. Otherwise, they probably can’t afford to do it, or they would just prefer to work on other projects.

I’m very excited for the new permenant world though! Let’s hope I don’t accidentally liquidate 2 months in.

I’ll make a random request here. Can we analyze seat layouts before we buy an airplane? That would be great. I mistakenly deleted my old airline because I created a second airline, only so I could buy aircraft to see how I can configure their seats. Being able to test an aircraft’s seating arrangement, without getting the aircraft, would be fantastic.

Meh, everything goes up in price eventually.

As a graduate of business administration, this is a very bad move by my opinion. I will not be leaving but I expect quite a large number will. I am not sure the price increase will be enough to offset a future lower subscriber base paying that price increase. This looks like a typical Dominican Republic business mentality: when sales goes down, increase the prices to the remaining few customers.

I'll make a random request here. Can we analyze seat layouts before we buy an airplane? That would be great. I mistakenly deleted my old airline because I created a second airline, only so I could buy aircraft to see how I can configure their seats. Being able to test an aircraft's seating arrangement, without getting the aircraft, would be fantastic.

You can. On the cabin configuration screen there are two dropdown boxes there. One only for aircraft you own, and the other for all aircraft. You can not only test but save the configuration and apply it once you get the aircraft.

I'm a bit confused, why do they want to increase the prices, without any new feature yet.

1620 players today on the 3 temp servers. Did not check how many are playing on the old worlds. Hoover is quite empty with 245 players.

I don’t understand this plan. I would also assume that a unknown number of players will now leave. So if it is the goal to get rid of the big airlines - what for? Do we / AS expect players to jump into it from temp servers or is there a strategy to attract new players?

6 credits is still not expensive. But with all respect, Martin - what will really change next year? Will you employ more people for the support and programmers to bring AS forward? If not, can you please tell me / us why you are charging 50% more?

I have around 800 credits left now but no holding running. As long as I cannot have a good explanation what you are planning with my additional credits, I will not play longer. A pax/cargo transfer tool is not good enough for me.

I also cannot follow your logic that 100 players can cover the hardware and maintenance costs for the server but this is only a small part of AS… At the moment and for 2 years now, you are not spending money in new features and programming, so what is the extra money for?

Sad about that decision. Might be the end of AS for many players on old worlds. We will see. Or at least you will see, Martin. Good luck.

After repeatedly not meeting your development announcements, you go ahead and raise the prices 50% for the first holding and double the prices for all players with more than one holding?

The blog post says:

"our old long-term game worlds contribute a rather small share to AirlineSim as a whole"

To be honest, Simulogics has not invested much either. The plans for 2019 sound good but it has become a case of "fool me once...".

Now, obviously you can do whatever you want with your pricing but from a customer perspective, at least offer something in return after a long dry spell of development and bad support (judging from various forum posts). With all this in mind, the discounts on the credit packages are a bit insulting weak.

Yeah… This is a joke… I forgot to express this in my post.

What really kills it in my opinion is the fact, that the new PAX modell seems to be confirmed dead by now... 

No new features or changes but more expensive?

Make the changes and then put the prices up. Then I know what exactly I am paying for......

What really kills it in my opinion is the fact, that the new PAX modell seems to be confirmed dead by now...

New? It was announced for last year… Nothing happened and not in the plan from today. So yes, it is dead. But there will be a conversion tool…

Poor marketing and bad customer support. Sad sad sad.