Routemap

I’ve been using it for awhile now as most of us did, I guess, but I never got around to thank you.

so I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for creating this. I think it’s a great example of how the community can use their skills to in-rich the game outside the original frame.

I appreciate the work you put into it.

thank you.

This is amazing! thank you so much!!!

Hello!

I tried to load my friends airline (Finnmarken Air Service) on Kaitak. The airline was succesful when recording but when I try to load the map it just loads and loads and loads and does not display. Can anyone help?

It always just freezes for Link Airways on Nicosia? I have left it for 30 minutes + several times? Would be great if someone can help with this.

Thank you for this great tool. Now if we could restrict the view to only a certain airport it would be even more helpful.

you can in the upper right corner

Uh, oh, indeed. It looks like I need some glasses.

Well, now we’re waiting an update that includes Gatow :)

Yes, Yes we do wait ;)

I tried to look at European International on Idlewild and got this:

[font=“Arial”][size=“2”]Response object[/size][/font] [font=“Arial”][size=“2”]error ‘ASP 0251 : 80004005’[/size][/font]

[font=“Arial”][size=“2”]Response Buffer Limit Exceeded[/size][/font]

[font=“Arial”][size=“2”]/AS/RouteMap.asp[/size][/font][font=“Arial”][size=“2”], line 0[/size][/font]

[font=“Arial”][size=“2”]Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its configured limit. [/size][/font]

Hi together

Sorry for the delay in response, but I was not very active lately in the forum and didn't realize, there were so many comments and requests.

Gatow is now also included and you should be able to add your airlines on that server too. Please check if there are any issue, as it is a new server.

I have also tested Link Airways (and updated it) and it seems to work. Same with Finnmarken Air Service. Please let me know, if you see some other bugs.

@Norljus

European International sollte nun auch wieder funktionieren. Das Netz war schlicht zu gross und daher verursachte das einen Fehler.

Gruss

Matth

@Norljus

Der Update des Flugplans von European International geht im Moment leider nicht. Der Flugplan ist schlicht zu gross und ich bin noch am Suchen einer Lösung...

@Norljus

Der Update des Flugplans von European International geht im Moment leider nicht. Der Flugplan ist schlicht zu gross und ich bin noch am Suchen einer Lösung...

Immer diese Mega-Airlines :)

@Matth

Wäre es nicht toll, wenn man dieses Tool auch unabhängig von einer bestimmten Airline als etwas vielseitigeres AS-Kartographie-Werkzeug benutzen könnte ? Zum Anzeigen der Flugplätze in einem bestimmten Gebiet, mit Erkennbarkeit der Flughafengrösse und Hubeignung. Oder zeige mir alle Flughäfen in einem bestimmten Umkreis um einen anderen Flugplatz.

Ist in der Richtung was geplant ?

Hab mir auch schon mal sowas überlegt zu machen, würde sich aber nur lohnen wenn es genügend wollen würden ;)

Ich würde schon wollen.... :blush:

Hello Norljus

Oops, I just realized I was switching languages here...

So, the Megaairline(s) should now also work. At least the import of European International Airlines ran smoothly.

Regarding the other improvement requests. I haven't planned anything at the moment, but it is certainly possible. If you let me know what exactly is desired, I can have a look and try to implement it. It would be helpful though, to have a short discussion of what features would be the most requested, so that I can prioritize. And as I am just about to move from Europe to Asia, my time for that is a bit limited.

The size of the aiports is something I have implemented (different icon color/size) but it is a manual data entry job. I can't read-out this information from AS so I have only done it for airports in the vicinty of my airline(s) (mostly China). For all the other regions, it is too much work for me. Maybe somebody volunteers to do this data entry job?

Something I would love to be able to show is the capacity of routes by showing thicker lines for more seats available. But for that, I would need the frequency, the aircraft and also the seat-configuration. That is not automatically readable from the game, so it is just a nice wish. I wish, AS had an ODBC interface or the like to read-out such information... But I also understand, then many would come and the request list would go very long...

Would it be possible to put a field on the map that would limit the time of departure? Say, if I wanted to see what flights left between 8am and 12pm from my hub and other cities.

Interesting thought, but at the moment this is not possible, as I don’t parse the individual flights but only the destinations…