Routemap

What airline did you try?

It looks like your airline name is too long, but in order to check, I would need to know which one you tried to insert/update.

Great feature! Highly useable for expanding/finding new routes!

Hey matth,

I just wanted to ask about a feature to select several Airlines to be displayed and to customize the radius of the Hub.

Greetings

d3mi

Why would you want to display multiple airlines? And how many do you want to be able to display?

And what size of the radius do you have in mind for changing?

Somebody should say, that I don't listen to input...

I have amended the functionality slightly to show some flexibility on the radius. You will now see a third, blue radius. This is based on the input provided on the Routemap page and shows the distance from the center airport, that you can fly to with the given speed, flight time (coming back) and the turnaround time (at both airports).

So assume you have a time slot of 5 hours left in your schedule and you are planning with a Boeing 737-900ER BGW that has an airspeed of 850 km/h you would enter the following:

Speed: 850

Time: 300 (5 x 60 minutes) (includes the turnaround time!)

Turnaround: 120 (assuming that you will have a turnaround time of 60 minutes on both airports

The blue circle then shows the area which you normally should be able to cover in that time. The flight times calculation is an approximate and is normally within 1 or 2 minutes of the AS times. As the turnaround times are not at all airports the same, I just calculate with the average. So if an airport is at the edge (or slightly outside) use the performance tool to verify if it works or just give it a try. Let me know of any problems or combinations that are wrong, so maybe I can fine tune it.

Using the other two fields, you can also adjust the radius size in km for the two circles in red.

I have amended the functionality slightly to show some flexibility on the radius. You will now see a third, blue radius. This is based on the input provided on the Routemap page and shows the distance from the center airport, that you can fly to with the given speed, flight time (coming back) and the turnaround time (at both airports).

Thanks for adding this awesome new radius options!

Why would you want to display multiple airlines? And how many do you want to be able to display?

I would love to have this Option to check Interline Agreements because the IL would be virtualised and you can Check possible connections easily. (Beside Main HUB Connections)

I would love to have this Option to check Interline Agreements because the IL would be virtualised and you can Check possible connections easily. (Beside Main HUB Connections)

Ok. You can try to use the page RouteMapT.asp using the following parameters.

W = World

C = AirlineCode 1 (will be shown in red)

C2 = AirlineCode 2 (will be shown in blue)

Optional paramters:

A = Airport (as a center). Omit or use All

R1 = Radius 1 in km

R2 = Radius 2 in km

speed = Speed of aircraft in km/h (parameter for the blue circle)

time = time in minutes (parameter for the blue circle)

ta = Turnaround time in minutes (parameter for the blue circle)

So to see two airlines you would use:

RouteMap2.asp?W=idlewild&C=41748&C2=46940

It will only work with two airlines and I won't provide any support on that. The link to the flight plans works, but on routes served by both airlines it's a bit of luck, which one is displayed.

chapeau

Just did a complete redesign of the layout. The functionality though is not changed. Hope you like the new look.

Well done, your goal to make the site more intuitive is reached ;)

though to me, the information is more important than the design, I like the new layout.

Another reason to display two airlines is if you have a mainline carrier and some regional feeder airline, and you want to see your combined network. So I'll be trying out the two airline solution myself.

Matth, I would also like to add my many thanks for developing this tool - truly fantastic work!

Another little change. I have registered the domain asroutemap.info and moved the site to this new home. Please update your bookmarks and use the new link.

Very very useful tool... after some time spent on the tool, now I more-or less get how it works.

Question: What purpose do Circle 1 and Circle 2 serve in Find Airports search tool?

Question 2: Do I need to update schedule after I add flights, or is this done automatically server-side?

BUG Report:

In Find Airports within a time frame, the airport size option does not work. Regardless of whether you select size 1 or size 10 airport, all airports are displayed (red and blue combination).

Also when going to "Find Possible Airports" (the donut and bandwidth thing, some airports displayed on the map are clickable when zoomed out and upon click they open up a new tab with AS airport info, but some airports some are not clickable. When zoomed in, I cannot seem to be able to click on any airport.

Question 1: The circle 1 and 2 simply provide some reference for distance. I usually use them to see the 800/1500km borders for the service profile. You could use it to show the range of the aircraft, or other measures. If you don't need it, enter a value of 0 or 1 to hide them.

Question 2: Yes, after you have made changes to the flight plan, you need to manually update. There is no automatic fetching of data.

Bug: Thanks, for that. I am though not sure if I can replicate the problem. The airports are shown based on the selected size (airports without a flight). The routes are shown irrespective of that setting, so all flights to all airport sizes are displayed. Should that be also limited to the airport size?

Clickable airports: Do you have a specific example (World/Airline/etc./airport)? I do experience sometimes also that I cannot get the title display to show (the name of the city when hovering with the mouse) or even can't click a certain route to display the flight plan. I think it might be due to inprecise mouse movements or some other problems. Usually when I reload the page or try with another route/city first, it works.

:excl: In terms of cities though, the end points of flights (the aircraft symbol) are not clickable. Only the colored tag markes with the letters inside. So if you want to open a city with a flight to it, you have to catch the tag marker to get the link.

Hope that helps :)

When I am trying to create my route map the map is turning grey and doesn't show anything. My airline is Avia Local in the Quimby world.

Couldn't find you in the list of stored airlines. maybe, you didn't give the server enough time to add your airline.

I now did that and the map works fine.

The new server Ellinikon has just been added...

Hey, the page seems to be down :(

Good morning Snoopzilla

Did you get any error message? When I check now, it seems to be working just fine.

Maybe the server had a short hick-up.