Scheduling question

Hello, can I confirm if I had a schedule that was subject to a 3 day delay, I then lock the schedule and then re-activate the schedule for the flights to be calculated? Is there a time scale I should wait between locking and re-activating? Thanks in advance.

No, you just have to activate the schedule and then the flights will be calculated

What is the 'Lock Schedule' for? I just set up routes and activate and all runs by itself.

You can lock the schedule when you want to do something like change the aircraft seating configuration without losing the time slots. I've been doing that a lot recently to adjust to the AGEX. You can't change the seats when you have booked flights with the old configuration, so I locked my schedule and wait for 3 days (or until the last scheduled flight finishes) and then change the seats once all the flights are done. You may want to do this especially if you have hard to get slots in some of the more popular airports otherwise, you may lose them while waiting.

changing the seat configuration doesn't affect slots or the flight schedule. You can change the cabin setup without locking the schedule, too. The new configuration shows always after three days with the new bookings

changing the seat configuration doesn't affect slots or the flight schedule. You can change the cabin setup without locking the schedule, too. The new configuration shows always after three days with the new bookings

I am still not clear on the concept. Could somebody help clarify what "Lock Schedule" means? Thanks!

You can close them for bookings. That means they will not be loaded into the reservation system. You may use this to restructure your timetable.

You can close them for bookings. That means they will not be loaded into the reservation system. You may use this to restructure your timetable.

Thanks. Does this only apply when initially creating a schedule, before it has been loaded into the ORS?

You can do this every minute you like it to do. Just press the button :)

But flights which are already booked and included in the ORS will by done.

It works with the usual 3 day delay.

You can do this every minute you like it to do. Just press the button :)

But flights which are already booked and included in the ORS will by done.

It works with the usual 3 day delay.

I see. Thank you for the clarification!