Service Profiles

I created 2 different service profiles for my short haul routes.  When I create a route I only see 1 profile listed in the drop down list for Service Profile in Route Management.  Is it based on distance or what?  The routes that I have created so far are less than 800 KM.

Yes, there's a distance filter to ensure that you can't assign a profile to a route that's too short.  Any of the warm catering meals will trigger it.

Yes, I saw the problem.  I did select a warm meal with an 800 km minimum.  I guess they will have to settle for a cold meal instead.  Thanks for your help.

To add some perspective, 800kms is just under an hour’s flight time for a 737 or 32X, whose speed is listed as 840-850km/h. That’s barely enough time for me to decide whether I want the overcooked beef or undercooked chicken option (if either is still even available), let alone a hundred other passengers.

I already thought of that.  The 1st one is for less than 1 hour flight time and the 2nd one is for flights of 1 to 3 hrs.  It was the 2nd one that was not being listed.  I created my on board services based on flight times rather than for distance.  Thanks again for your input.

in real world they serve hot meals on flights as short as HKG-TPE....or even HKG-KHH :P

But if you live in North America, you'd get a handful of broken pretzels and a partial can of soda on flights as long as YVR-YYZ.(or HNL-EWR)

I already thought of that.  The 1st one is for less than 1 hour flight time and the 2nd one is for flights of 1 to 3 hrs.  It was the 2nd one that was not being listed.  I created my on board services based on flight times rather than for distance.  Thanks again for your input.

May I ask does the service profile for <800km flight make a big difference? I found the rating bars don't increase even I choose the best item in every section (because I can't pick the additional entree). What should I choose for the <800km flight service profile?

May I ask does the service profile for <800km flight make a big difference? I found the rating bars don't increase even I choose the best item in every section (because I can't pick the additional entree). What should I choose for the <800km flight service profile?

It isn't just based on selecting the best in each catagory. They all have different influences on the overall rating; some sections increase the rating more than others regardless of cost difference.

Just try making various combinations, getting a good price <> rating ratio is a bit like a rubik's cube, but once you find a good one you can use it forever!

Hope this helps,

Best regards, Benostew